Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Aug 18, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Here now and disappointed with the food quality and service. Morimotos food quality was excellent. Service not so good. We had 5 in our group but only 4 ate. The other child just wanted a drink. The bill for food alone was $250 which was covered by 2 meal credits each. The bit that annoyed me was charging $6 for a lemonade for the child not eating. So much for service even tho we gave her $50 tip.she insisted on payment.
We have also been charged 2 meal credits for a plate of fries in the crystal palace. We didn't object to that just rolled our eyes. By the way we paid for the table service upgrade so it wasn't free dining. At sci Fi dining the waiter looked annoyed that we were ordering desert even telling us we might be full for desert. Think he was clearing his tables out for the next service or for him to go home.
We are still fully tipping everywhere we eat but not really happy about it.i do feel the quality of food in Disney's restaurants is becoming really poor both in quick and table service.
Next year it's quick service or off site even tho we have paid our deposit.
It could also be a case of managing your expectations. If the only service issue was not getting a complimentary drink then I don’t think this is a valid complaint. Drinks need to be paid for, although $6 does seem a lot but presumably there are prices on the menu.

Also buffets are priced per person, it might be worth looking at menus in advance and if there is nothing you fancy but chips, then maybe FP a character meet instead and eat elsewhere otherwise it is going to feel like very poor value.

I would imagine the server at Sci Fi Dining clocks off at a particular time rather than when you finish, still there is no excuse for being grumpy over your dessert order.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cambsno
Serious Dibber

If you felt service was poor, why on earth tip 20% and pay $50?
cambsno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
You're obviously not happy with any of the service yet you are still tipping why not actually complain there and then with a manager and rectify the problem?, they are more than happy to deal with complaints.

As for the buffet, all buffets are the same it's a set price what ever you choose to eat, it's obviously not an ideal choice for your family so I would choose to eat where there is a menu choice and you pay for what ever you eat, however if you are on the dining plan it's a credit whether you eat the full meal or not so I would suggest sharing if it's to much.
Old 13 Aug 18, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
scousepete37
Trainee Dibber

Hi,

i agree with a lot of what has already been said. I know tipping can be a controversial subject. For what it's worth my policy when we go out will be that if we receive what we consider poor service/food is not up to scratch then give them a chance to put it right. If they don't then adjust the tip accordingly.

Regards
scousepete37 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

Sorry but i disagree with some of these posts - the food and service I had last year were both mainly very good! I do, however, agree that if you order a drink you should expect to pay for it and you should know in advance if the restaurant you have booked is a buffet and if you only eat chips then that's your choice! If the service in any restaurant was not up to par then I definitely wouldn't tip 20% - it's not compulsory! However, I research every restaurant I book and wouldn't consider a meal if I didn't like the menu!
Old 13 Aug 18, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Merryweather View Post
Sorry but i disagree with some of these posts!
You seem to be agreeing with most of the other posts.
Old 13 Aug 18, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Bad service can happen and you need to let the restaurant know so they can rectify it.

Just be more assertive in your complaints OP if you're not happy. A roll of the eyes never gets you too far in the US
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
You seem to be agreeing with most of the other posts.
Yep, just what I was going to say. I don't think anybody has suggested that 20% tip should be left for bad service but charging somebody for a drink they've ordered and having TS credits deducted for a buffet, even though they've only eaten chips, is not bad service.

The only mention of something which could be considered not up to par was the server at Sci-Fi Dine In and then not really anything which would constitute BAD service.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Plus don't forget with Character Buffets you are not just paying for the food but also the character interaction so quantity of food eaten really doesn't come into it.

Totally agree with other posters. If you are unhappy with servers attitude in Sci-Fi, that's fine.

The paying for drink & full price at a buffet really don't fall under the "poor service" label.

Yes, it would be fab service to be comped a free drink with a big meal spend but cannot be expected nor criticised if not done.

Edited at 04:30 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post

The best service we had this year was at the Rainforest Cafe at The Animal Kingdom, the food was good, too.