Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Nov 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Hoolah
Trying for More Ears

New after hours events at HS and AK

Not sure if this has been posted already, but just seen that both Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios are going to be doing after hours events now too. Looks like it’s $129 and you can get into the parks from 7pm.
disneyparks.disney.go/bl...+Parks+Blog%29

Lots of dates added for the next few months in case anyone is interested.

Not sure what I think about it. Great for those that can afford it I guess!

Edited at 11:34 PM.
Hoolah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 18, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you for this. We did Disney After Hours at MK in August. It was $238 for the two of us. What we weren't so keen on was the fact After Hours started at 9 but the general public was still in the park watching Happily Ever After. I think the event needs to start once the bulk of the crowds leave to give you the maximum benefit. Also, we've just been saying the more of these dates they release, the less time on site guests (who pay extra for the privilege to stay onsite) will get. MK is our favourite park and we love going to watch HEA I'd hate to think that it would be closing more often for events such as this ...if that makes sense! 😊.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 18, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by salmon70 View Post
Thank you for this. We did Disney After Hours at MK in August. It was $238 for the two of us. What we weren't so keen on was the fact After Hours started at 9 but the general public was still in the park watching Happily Ever After. I think the event needs to start once the bulk of the crowds leave to give you the maximum benefit. Also, we've just been saying the more of these dates they release, the less time on site guests (who pay extra for the privilege to stay onsite) will get. MK is our favourite park and we love going to watch HEA I'd hate to think that it would be closing more often for events such as this ...if that makes sense! 😊.
Did you think it was worth it? We have booked for February and wanted to know whether I have spent money wisely!
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

So close to doing HS on the 8th Dec.

I've read countless reviews of the After Hours events, and the consensus is that After Hours is the best money:value ratio event Disney do. Positive praise across the board from the folks at DisUnplugged, EasyWDW, and the notable vloggers. I'm sold.

Edited at 12:11 AM.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I'll have a look at those dates, we go at the end of March and would be interested. More cost again and seems silly as we have 14 day ticket but the less crowdedness is s big pull for me.
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We haven’t “done Disney “ for 4 years now so we are this year, if we didn’t have the 14 day tickets I would have prob done all 3.

We usually do the Christmas party each year as it’s a cheap way of doing a park, you can get a lot done.

No way in the world would I be paying for the night time if I already had tickets though.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ils View Post
Did you think it was worth it? We have booked for February and wanted to know whether I have spent money wisely!
Hi there

I know it is pretty expensive but we absolutely loved it and we are going to do it again next summer. All rides were a walk on only Peter Pan was 5-10 mins or just under. We did all the rides we wanted to go on which was quite a lot. Popcorn, Ice Cream and soft drinks were plentiful at the carts and we had a few between us. I asked for a carrier bag at one of the shops and each time we passed a cart, I asked for a couple of bottles of water or soft drinks. I'm not that keen on fizzy drinks but it was great to put them in the fridge for us both for the rest of the holiday 😊. Oh and also great photopass opportunities wirh the lack of people in the park 👍. You won't regret it 😊.

Edited at 08:41 PM.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s annoying that they’ve scrapped the evening emh at HS and replaced it with a chargeable event. I won’t be paying for something we used to get for free (as on site guests).
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
We did it in Feb 18 in MK.
We didn’t have other park tickets, so as a pp has said it was a great way to get a park fix. The free popcorn, ice cream and drinks were a bonus.
However, if we had had day tickets I’m not sure we would have done it.
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 18, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Wow excellent we will Defoe do it for AK if it's available for next September.
Were going to do it for MK but only 1 night this year for September so hoped it would be just 1 for next year but would prefer AK if available. Fingers crossed, thanks for the heads up