Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Nov 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Try the Plaza Gardens - the one of the right (as you face the castle) is used for the dessert party but the other side is normally open (and free).

I believe it is sometimes in use for other events but worth a look - although it is slightly to the side which some people may not like.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

In June we had something to eat In Cosmic Rays came out and was going to walkway down to the castle but the fireworks had just started and there was on-one along there at all we saw an empty bench sat down as there was no way we could over the other side of the park and watched it there strange thing was only 2 other people walked that way and they asked if it was ok to share the bench we all managed to sit down watched the fireworks, afterward they said it was nice to share a bench and they were glad to find somewhere quite without many people the was no one though along that walkway until the show finished. Really do not know if it was luck but we had a lovely chat with the other couple afterwards. But we are going to check it out again in a few weeks to see if it was a one-off.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
There are some flower beds in the hub. If you stand behind one no one can stand in front of you. You do need to be there early though. See the red areas

Edited at 10:25 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Mobile

Shame about the FP not being there anymore. We used to do it once during the holiday as it was stress free and then watch another time from fantasyland
Old 8 Nov 18, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
We stood behind a flower bed (albeit further back than the ones shown in the picture - I think we were just in front of the Crystal Palace). It was the end of August and absolutely chucking it down but it was our only time to see them so we stood for an hour in the rain. It was actually a good location for a family with young children as our two children were able to stand on the wall without blocking anyone's view (they were still shorter than us) whilst having a decent view themselves.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Similar to Bev's suggestion, when we went in the summer we sat down on the astro-turf in the garden area next to the dessert party people:

Light Blue - dessert party reserved area
Red - where we sat for first show (everyone remained seated in our section, but we were at the front so would have had uninterrupted view if everyone stood as it's a walled/gated area and they close the gate for the show); looks like equivalent section on opposite side.
Orange - roped off disabled area in front of red section but doesn't interfere with view
Purple - where we moved forward to for the second show as majority left the park for some reason (maybe didn't know it was in 2 parts?), this is behind a flower planter so uninterrupted view).
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Have got to admit this is a real pet hate of mine and as I enjoy taking photos the sight of a million ipads, kids backsides and more just detract from what everyone would expect to be Disney Magic - Good to see that others share the same thought and awareness that something needs to change.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Not been since 2014, but in 2010 the overcrowding during Holiday Wishes at MVMCP was truly frightening. DH and I got separated, and the crowd was so bad that no-one could move for 10 minutes afterwards. Mothers were screaming in case people fell on their children, and when I tried to move someone tried to punch me.

By the time I found DH, I was shaking and crying.

Since then we have just put up with the inconsiderate people. I wish they would do like Japan and not allow any ipads or children higher than head height.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

The problem is with wishes you could enjoy the show from anywhere but for this show you really do need to be very close.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
grumpybri
VIP Dibber

We camped behind a family with a couple of mobility scooters. They were up on a curb and as they sat and watched the show it give us a great uninterrupted view.
They were lovely to talk to as well