Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Nov 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Finnybobs112
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile Magic bands and memory maker?

Hi, been a few years since our latest visit and I was just wondering what are the benefits of magic bands? How much are they? What about the memory maker? Is it a photo package you can buy? Thanks xx
Finnybobs112 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Magic Bands are good because you wear them on your wrist so don’t have to keep faffing for a card in your bag. You can use them to open Disney hotel rooms, purchase things in the park, have your park tickets and Fastpasses on them etc etc. They range in price from about $14-30 depending on how fancy and decorated you want them. If you stay in a Disney resort, you get them for free instead of a room key. The other benefit is, if you have memory maker, ride photos are automatically scanned onto them whilst you are riding...on some rides, e.g. seven dwarves mine train, that is the only way to get the photos and videos.
Memory maker is a photo package you can buy. There are different levels (e.g. one day or whole stay) and it includes all the photos taken by photographers around the parks and with characters, as well as all the on ride photos. It is quite pricey, but worth it if you make the most of the photographers and is a great way to get everyone in the photos rather than having one member of your family behind the camera.

UK WDW packages often include memory maker for free, so it’s worth looking around.

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**

Edited at 09:10 AM.
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I love Memory Maker. On my recent solo trip it was so great not having to ask cms or other visitors to take photos of me with my camera! At least not all of the time. There were a couple of occasions other visitors kindly took photos for me, eg lunch at Tusker House with the characters.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Just to clarify something regarding Memory Maker. Memory Maker gives you the ability to download (and use) any ride photos and photos that get taken by the Disney photographers in the parks.

You can still get ride photos and photos taken by the photographers without Memory Maker. The photos will still appear in your account without MM and you can purchase them separately, have photobooks made of them, have the photos printed onto mugs or keyrings, or whatever. Memory Maker is just another product that allows you to download digital versions of all the photos in your account.

If you get a UK Ultimate ticket, then you get Memory Maker for free - which is great! However, personally, I don't think it's worth the money to buy it ($170) if I didn't get it included with the tickets.

There's a little bit more info about MagicBands and Memory Maker in the DIBB Guidebook:

MagicBands

Memory Maker

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

The magic bands have been great for us, second year in use and this year because they were already linked to our accounts, we didn’t need to go to WillCall to pick up the tickets.
As a family of 5, and me being in charge of the camera, we hardly ever get photos together, so memory maker is fab. We have some lovely photos with loads of characters, in front of the castle, Christmas tree, Tree of Life, etc. And one of those will be used for our Christmas card this year
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Just to clarify something regarding Memory Maker. Memory Maker gives you the ability to download (and use) any ride photos and photos that get taken by the Disney photographers in the parks.

You can still get ride photos and photos taken by the photographers without Memory Maker. The photos will still appear in your account without MM and you can purchase them separately, have photobooks made of them, have the photos printed onto mugs or keyrings, or whatever. Memory Maker is just another product that allows you to download digital versions of all the photos in your account.

If you get a UK Ultimate ticket, then you get Memory Maker for free - which is great! However, personally, I don't think it's worth the money to buy it ($170) if I didn't get it included with the tickets.

There's a little bit more info about MagicBands and Memory Maker in the DIBB Guidebook:

MagicBands

Memory Maker
When you have your pictures on your account (Without MM)... Is it an English site you order prints/gifts from? ie, is it a site in GBP and does it have reasonable postage costs? lol
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by deanobrown View Post
When you have your pictures on your account (Without MM)... Is it an English site you order prints/gifts from? ie, is it a site in GBP and does it have reasonable postage costs? lol
No, it's a USA site:

mydisneyphotopass.disney.go/keepsakes/

The prices are in dollars. The postage for physical items varies with the product and total cost and it isn't cheap. I'm not sure whether you can access it from the MyDisneyExperience app?

BTW, I've never bought any photo products.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
No, it's a USA site:

mydisneyphotopass.disney.go/keepsakes/

The prices are in dollars. The postage for physical items varies with the product and total cost and it isn't cheap. I'm not sure whether you can access it from the MyDisneyExperience app?

BTW, I've never bought any photo products.
Thanks for the info
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List