Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Nov 18, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovedisney123
Trying for More Ears

Busch gardens and the beach

Hi,
We have just booked discovery cove tickets with the blue Friday deal, and now have Busch garden tickets for next August! We have never been to Busch before and have kids 13 and 10, we like the big rides, at least are hoping the kids will too! My question is would we be able to do most things at Busch if we got there early, then leave mid to late afternoon for a few hours at the beach? Any thoughts or help would be appreciated x
Lovedisney123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Kasalic
Excited about Disney

Busch Gardens is quite a big park, with several good rides and attractions, including zoo areas. If you add a Safari (feed the Giraffes) it can be a long day to get round it all.
June 2015 - 14 days - Silver Creek, Clermont
Sept 2016 - 14 days - Gulf Coast
January 2019 - 16 days - Kissimmee
August 2019 - 7 days - I Drive
Kasalic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Essie1000
Very Serious Dibber

We went to BG in Oct for the first time, turned out to be one of our favourite parks! We spent all day there, we got on all the rides several times. I would say you need a whole day at BG.
July 2019 Westhaven & RPR
Essie1000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Kayemill
slightly serious Dibber

We went to Busch Gardens for the first time in Oct. Great day. Have also done day at Clearwater on another trip. Was almost sleeping on the drive back from both. Both in one day would not end well.
Kayemill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovedisney123
Trying for More Ears

Thanks for the advice, will have to try and have a rethink! There is just so much we want to fit in!
Lovedisney123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lovedisney123 View Post
Thanks for the advice, will have to try and have a rethink! There is just so much we want to fit in!
What we have done a couple of times is get a cheap motel or hotel and stay over at clear water. Day at BG head to the beach for a bit and have a meal watching the sunset then stay over. Beach the following morning then head back.

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba2014
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Lovedisney123 View Post
Hi,
We have just booked discovery cove tickets with the blue Friday deal, and now have Busch garden tickets for next August! We have never been to Busch before and have kids 13 and 10, we like the big rides, at least are hoping the kids will too! My question is would we be able to do most things at Busch if we got there early, then leave mid to late afternoon for a few hours at the beach? Any thoughts or help would be appreciated x
Sounds rushed to me too. We got to BG shortly after opening around 10:30, and were at the park until 6pm. It's a great park, and much more quiet than Disney so it's nice to relax and enjoy it. However if you don't want to do the animals or safari at all and just focus on rides you could probably do it in a half day.
Old 19 Nov 18, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post

I would recommend staying over the night before or after Busch Gardens if you want to do the beach too - BG is a GREAT park and definitely has a whole day's worth of things to do. It was one of my favourite days from my three week trip in February.

It's much quieter than any of the Disney parks so has a much more relaxed pace - and it means you can usually get on some of the coasters multiple times
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List