Closed Thread

Old 18 Aug 12, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Clueless about tickets

Having not been for 20yrs i don't reallly know much about what ticket combos are going to work best for us and be the cheapest.
We are 2 adults and 1 child and want to do the usual suspects at Disney, maybe one waterpark, Universal plus IOA, Seaworld and Legoland.
So i've looked on Attraction Tickets Direct. Do you think the Orlando Freedom Ticket is about the best VFM?

Thanks

2023 - Orlando/Gulf Coast
2024 - Menorca & Malta
2025 - Norwegian Fjords and Boston/NY
*cath* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 12, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
No, generally i wouldn't buy the freedom ticket, or any combo ticket without pricing up all your options.

Assuming a 2 week trip, you are buying 3 x 14 day all access tickets. But you can't physically visit all those parks more than once.

how about

7 day base ticket for Disney $288
2 park bonus ticket for Universal $145
Seaworld.com for Seaworld & Aquatica $114.99

that's $547 or £348
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 12, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Blimey Bev, thanks for that.

I didn't really want 14 day passes but couldn't really see any other options on the UK sites. I didn't realise you could just buy direct from the sites.
Do you just print off at home and exchange at the parks?

Thank you x

2024 - Menorca & Malta
*cath* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 12, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Seaworld do print at home tickets, look at Orlando Attractions for the others.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 12, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaids1960
Getting excited

mermaids1960's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 19
I would get Disney here the 14 day is the same price as 7 day at the moment and allows hopping to parks as many times as you want, for Universal I buy the flexi one but you can pre purchase here before you go as Bev said

Owner at Animal Kingdom
mermaids1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 12, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mermaids1960 View Post
I would get Disney here the 14 day is the same price as 7 day at the moment and allows hopping to parks as many times as you want, for Universal I buy the flexi one but you can pre purchase here before you go as Bev said
The 14 days for the price of 7 days "offer" is a bit of a con - its nearly always available and, even on those rare occasions when it isn't on, the prices of the 7 day Premium ticket are only about £10 less than the 14 day Ultimate.

The 14 day Ultimates are good if you want to visit Disney for more than 7 days - otherwise get MYW tickets.

Also the Flex tickets are often slightly more expensive than buying tickets to the parks separate. I would go with Bev's suggestion.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 12, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lesmcguffog
VIP Dibber

lesmcguffog's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
may confuse but have a look or even register at likes of mousesaver website, they explain the various options and have links to some ticket agents.

Having said that this year we bought our Universal ticket via us car rentals, as the deal was excellent, umpteen days for the price off one, giving us flexibility, but temember wether disney, sea world or universal there will be parking costs, so better to stay to one grou per day.
California; San Fran, Napa, Monteray,
Georgia; Savanah
lesmcguffog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 12, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks so much for everyone's advice, it's very appreciated and i'll check out all the choices x

2024 - Menorca & Malta
Old 19 Aug 12, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Bev, does the 7 day base ticket for Disney you suggested restrict you from park hopping in the same day without using another day off your ticket(s)?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 12, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by FiXiT View Post
Hi Bev, does the 7 day base ticket for Disney you suggested restrict you from park hopping in the same day without using another day off your ticket(s)?
I'm not Bev, but I'll answer anyway. The base tickets can only be used for one park per day. You can leave and return to the same park only. You cannot visit two parks in the same day unless you add the park hopper option to your base tickets for an additional fee of course.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread