Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Nail queen View Post
Orlando Attractions seem to be the only ones who offer 5 days plus 2 free on the base ticket. Current price is $289. Unless anyone knows different.
Well, Undercover Tourist does a 7 day MYW Base ticket for $290.65, which is just over a dollar more than Orlando Attractions. Or, they do a 5 day MYW Base ticket for $269.35 if that's all you wanted.

Buying from Disney's US website is a bit more expensive. A 7 day MYW Base ticket is about $306 once you've added on tax.

We've used Orlando Attractions twice in the past and they were pretty good.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 12, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jordanski
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gary View Post
Re Park hopping,
in the past we've done Typhoon Lagoon in the morning, Disneyquest in the afternoon and then EPCOT for the fireworks in the evening.
This would be 3 days on MYW if you have not purchased the park hopping option.
All depends on how much Disney you intend to take but once you have tickets like the Ultimate you tend to think, lets do a Disney Park as entry is already paid for.
Interesting because I was intending to get the 4 day myw plus ticket and the park hopper ticket because we want to go to disney quest and was planning on staying at disney for 2 nights whilst there to go and see some evening fireworks but it may not have been to the park we were at that day. Was unaware i could just but extra days because that would be cheaper. So could get a 7 day ticket that would give me 1 entry for mk, 1 entry for ak, 1 entry for epcot, 1 entry for hs, 1 entry for disney quest and would leave me 2 entries that would give me the option of doing different park in same day because this would be $288.95 instead of the $335.95 I was going to pay?
Old 31 Aug 12, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by jordanski View Post
Interesting because I was intending to get the 4 day myw plus ticket and the park hopper ticket because we want to go to disney quest and was planning on staying at disney for 2 nights whilst there to go and see some evening fireworks but it may not have been to the park we were at that day. Was unaware i could just but extra days because that would be cheaper. So could get a 7 day ticket that would give me 1 entry for mk, 1 entry for ak, 1 entry for epcot, 1 entry for hs, 1 entry for disney quest and would leave me 2 entries that would give me the option of doing different park in same day because this would be $288.95 instead of the $335.95 I was going to pay?
No that's not correct I'm afraid. The base tickets only allow entry to the main 4 parks, but you cannot use more than 1 day to visit 2 main parks the same day. E.g. You can visit Epcot in the morning, leave the park then return to the same park only that evening. However you cannot visit Epcot, then go to MK for Wishes - that is not possible unless you add the hopper option.

With regards to buying tickets with plus visits, you can visit a water park for the day then visit a main park in the evening. This would use up one day of your 'main' days and one of your 'plus' days.

Hope I've explained myself well and not confused you even further.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 12, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
WickedPlans
Imagineer

WickedPlans's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gary View Post
Re Park hopping,
in the past we've done Typhoon Lagoon in the morning, Disneyquest in the afternoon and then EPCOT for the fireworks in the evening.
All depends on how much Disney you intend to take but once you have tickets like the Ultimate you tend to think, lets do a Disney Park as entry is already paid for.
That is not true.

You cannot use more than one day of a MYW ticket on the same day.
If you wanted to visit MK in the morning, then go and see Fantasmic the same evening, you can't unless you have the hopping option.

You can, however, go to a water park or DQ on the same day as a main park.

The problem I have always had with a limited number of days it that it is so easy to waste a day. Someone getting ill, falling over, bad weather, big crowds, rides going technical, can all mean that the 1 day you have to do a particular park is ruined.
You may have done 1 day in each main park, and have one day left but still want to ride Everest at AK and go back to Epcot. Without hopping, that isn't possible so you have to miss out on something.
Popping back into the parks to see the fireworks, uses a full day from your ticket.

Very often, we will spend a day or 2 in each main park, then on our last Disney day, we can our favourite rides in each park.
We will hop between parks for a change of pace. MK was pretty busy on one day so we went to Epcot instead.
Easter 2010, Florida Pines Villa - Avoiding Disasters, Lessons in Autism: Trip Report
Easter 2012, Sunset Lakes Villa - No Rest for the Wicked: Trip Report
WickedPlans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 12, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7

This would be possible with non hopping MYW PLUS tickets, it would cost you 1 day of your 7 main entries, plus 2 of your PLUS options. On a 7 day ticket, you get 7 plus options as well. You can use multiple Plus options, but only one main park per day.

You could not visit Epcot and MK on the same day, unless you added hopping. You can't use 2 days of your 7. You have to pay for hopping or you can't hop between the main parks at all.

The problem I have always had with a limited number of days it that it is so easy to waste a day. Someone getting ill, falling over, bad weather, big crowds, rides going technical, can all mean that the 1 day you have to do a particular park is ruined.
When we bought MYW tickets, we bought the 10 day tickets. They aren't much more than the 7 days, and it gave us some flexibility if things didn't go to plan.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 12, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by jordanski View Post
No, you can't use 2 entries to hop.

if you want to go to each of the main parks on different days, you need a 4 day ticket. If you also want to go to Disney Quest, then you need a MYW PLUS ticket. You can go to Disney Quest and a main park on the same day, but not 2 different main parks.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 12, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

We just got back, and bought 3 day MYW with one day free and water parks (plus option).

We we able to comfortably do the four main Disney parks with this ticket, and do all the rides/attractions we wanted. It meant a bit of planning to get to the busy rides first (usually we'd get a fast pass for one and then queue for the other before the park got too busy).

A 5 day one would give you a safety net should - eg, our Fantasmic got rained off, but same might have happened if we went back another day, so we didn't worry - we saw it last year...plus were were doing 12 parks in 14 days!

We had the 7 day one last year, but only used 4 days... again we missed some fireworks - at MK - but never got time to go back even with the 3 spare days...that's why we just had to go back this year!

We used the 4 plus days to do the two waterparks and two 2 hr visits to Disney Quesy - one on last day after doing DTD check in / bag drop.

Do you plan first, and then see what ticket is best... there must be a lot of tickets bought where the days don't get used!
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 12, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
WickedPlans
Imagineer

WickedPlans's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
Do you plan first, and then see what ticket is best... there must be a lot of tickets bought where the days don't get used!
That's a very misleading way of looking at it.

We used 2 days of our US/IOA 14 day tickets
3 days of our 14 day BG/SW/Aq tickets
8 days of our 14 day Disney tickets

We still bought the cheapest tickets for what we wanted and could not have done the same parks and number of visits for less.

Sometimes, buying a 14 day flexible ticket is better value.
It depends on what you want to do and how much flexibility you want. For many people on their first visit, they have no idea how much they are going to like each park so extra flexibility can be a real bonus.

I do agree that a rough plan will help you decide though.
Easter 2010, Florida Pines Villa - Avoiding Disasters, Lessons in Autism: Trip Report
Easter 2012, Sunset Lakes Villa - No Rest for the Wicked: Trip Report
WickedPlans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 12, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jordanski
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
No that's not correct I'm afraid. The base tickets only allow entry to the main 4 parks, but you cannot use more than 1 day to visit 2 main parks the same day. E.g. You can visit Epcot in the morning, leave the park then return to the same park only that evening. However you cannot visit Epcot, then go to MK for Wishes - that is not possible unless you add the hopper option.

With regards to buying tickets with plus visits, you can visit a water park for the day then visit a main park in the evening. This would use up one day of your 'main' days and one of your 'plus' days.

Hope I've explained myself well and not confused you even further.
no you haven't confused me at all, that's what I thought to begin with but when seen the other post that confused me lol, back to the 4 day plus then with park hopping lol, last time we went I remember we had finished in ak and popped into epcot because thats where we were getting our shuttle bus from , thanks for clearing it up for me
Old 31 Aug 12, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WickedPlans View Post
That's a very misleading way of looking at it.

We used 2 days of our US/IOA 14 day tickets
3 days of our 14 day BG/SW/Aq tickets
8 days of our 14 day Disney tickets

We still bought the cheapest tickets for what we wanted and could not have done the same parks and number of visits for less.

Sometimes, buying a 14 day flexible ticket is better value.
It depends on what you want to do and how much flexibility you want. For many people on their first visit, they have no idea how much they are going to like each park so extra flexibility can be a real bonus.

I do agree that a rough plan will help you decide though.
Surely a plan will help them know how many days the need for Disney and help them buy the amount of days they need - with extra days just in case if they so wish - so how was my post misleading? If they need 4 or 5 days at Disney they will waste money buying a 7 or 14 day pass
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread