Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Nov 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Boothy16
Trying for More Ears

Tui Extra Luggage

Has anyone ever done this?

I know you can add luggage on from 20kg to 25kg but can you actually add a extra bag on with them?

Last time we went was with Virgin flew out economy and when we where out bought a lot of stuff and ended up buying a new case too as we where flying back PE with Virgin this was no issue.

I am just trying to find information on it with not much luck.
Boothy16 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
no you can only add the extra kgs

Saratoska is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Boothy16
Trying for More Ears

I thought so little frustrating but o well
Boothy16 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotts2a
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Scotts2a's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Might be worth finding how much to ship a case back home. Even if it's just dirty washing via snail mail. We had family over from Australia and it took six weeks to get there for there case but they took all the valuables with them in their main case 😌
Scotts2a is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

You can use an extra bag and buy 5kg each - giving you 2 x bags at 20kg and 2 x 5kg. We came back in September and we're PE so had 56kg between us, which was 2 x 23kg and 2 x 5kg. Our cases were 20, 20 and 16 - if that makes sense. Also had hand luggage, which was never weighed.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018

Edited at 01:31 PM.
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lorr05
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

This was an issue for me too as when we travel we need the extra luggage on the return journey.
On the website it only lets you add an extra 5kg taking the total to 25kg but when I went into the travel agent she phoned them and asked and they said you could add extra luggage for around £60 or £70 (can’t remember exactly). Ended up going with Thomas cook as they priced matched tui and flying to Orlando suited us better than Sanford so I never actually went through the process. Might need to go instore and ask to have it added on.
lorr05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
pzizzle
Proud to wear my Ears

You can't add on an extra bag only the extra 5kgs per person with Tui.
But you can pool your luggage with all on your booking so if there's 4 of you and you each buy the 5kgs extra that gives you 20kgs which you can put in another case . That's how i did it in October anyway
pzizzle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydaft83
Trainee Dibber

You can put the extra 5kgs in a different bag and you can pool extra allowances. Me and my husband usually buy 5kg each and put them together so we have an extra bag with 10kg in it. Tui won't accept a bag over 23kg so you can't add the extra 5kg to your 20kg bag.
disneydaft83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Boothy16
Trying for More Ears

Thanks guys we are going to look at upgrading the luggage to 25kg each. I am going to speak to travel agent at TUI as I am sure we can add a bag on for cost as I know you can add golf bags, skis, music equipment on as extra luggage, so sure I can add a extra bag on for a price.
Old 14 Nov 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

I don't think any airline will except suitcases over 23kg due to health and safety, so you must be able to take another bag or they are selling something that is not right
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List