Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 May 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Will airlines fly holiday makers to amber countries?

Since finding out most travel insurance policies will not cover if we travel to amber countries I wonder where we stand with money back for flights ?
Do you think airlines will cancel ? Or still fly people to amber destinations leaving people with hard decisions to make with either losing their money or travelling without insurance .

I’ve messaged BA on this as they are not taking callls atm , hopefully there will be options of refunds otherwise I guess they will make you claim on your insurance ? Or even potentially losing lots of money on flights you can’t take ?🤷

Quality inn international(now plaza) - 2004
All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Port Orleans riverside -2012
Royal Pacific and Beach club-2015
Royal Pacific and Animal kingdom lodge -2017

Edited at 01:32 PM.
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
There are already numerous daily flights to the States operated by BA, Virgin and the large US carriers. These flights tend to only run to major US hubs, such as New York, Miami, Boston, Atlanta and LA.

So, if the US remained amber but did permit direct travel from the U.K., it would be possible for holidaymakers to take one of these flights and connect to an internal flight to Orlando (or fly to Miami and drive).

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I'm wondering this too. I booked two BA holidays to hedge my bets. One to Mexico which I have the most invested in and one to the Maldives. I'm expecting to get my money back for the one to the Maldives, but Mexico I don't know. I can quarantine so happy to go, but it's the insurance if FCO advises against. Battleface are quoting 250.00 for me and 13year old DS for 10 nights, which is a lot but at least we'd be insured. Just worried even they may stop insuring. I could move the holiday or get a voucher, but don't want too much money tied up.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
AL1S0N
Dibbing with Tink

Tui are still intending on flying to amber countries
AL1S0N is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Most likely not as loads will be very low. The only people really going to amber countries will be those who have family to go and see.

Also going by what happen towards the end of last year holiday flights where cancelled when quarantine was first required on return. Scheduled airlines who currently still fly would still keep flying.

Edited at 07:28 AM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Morning
Well ba have got back to me via messenger and Twitter and here’s their response

Quality inn international(now plaza) - 2004
All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Port Orleans riverside -2012
Royal Pacific and Beach club-2015
Royal Pacific and Animal kingdom lodge -2017

Edited at 09:59 AM.
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

i think it would depend on which country you are flying to. if there are lots of restrictions passengers may cancel so leaves a fairly empty flight.
Old 9 May 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

We were due to fly to Miami on 25th May with BA(flydrive). The flight is not cancelled as it's a business route however, as it's an Amber destination, they still contacted us to say we could do one of 4 options:
1. change to a different destination,
2. cancel and get a voucher,
3. cancel and get a refund or
4. continue our journey as planned.

If we did not respond they would automatically cancel and refund.

ETA: Sorry, not sure if you're flight only or part of a package.

Edited at 12:03 PM.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shelle View Post
We were due to fly to Miami on 25th May with BA(flydrive). The flight is not cancelled as it's a business route however, as it's an Amber destination, they still contacted us to say we could do one of 4 options:
1. change to a different destination,
2. cancel and get a voucher,
3. cancel and get a refund or
4. continue our journey as planned.

If we did not respond they would automatically cancel and refund.

ETA: Sorry, not sure if you're flight only or part of a package.

Thanks for this. We will be going on a BA package so that's handy to know.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

battleface still insure for cancellation against travel even if you book against fco? nice, this was what I am looking for (for a japan trip next year, japan are still closed AND againat fco!)
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List