Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Jul 21, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mark1994 View Post
Not sure how this is taking magic away. It was quite and unfair system and really allows people to just ride it twice.

Parent 1 goes on with Child 1 and 2

Parent 2 waits out with Child 3

Then...

Parent 2 goes on with Child 1 and 2

Parent 1 waits with Child 3

This is taking up 2 additional seats, therefore increasing queue times, when they just went on the ride, allowing them a second time without queuing. How is that fair for the other family who have waited in the queue and their kids can only ride it once?
Having used rider swap before when we had one small child, it's absolute rubbish having to go on rides on your own.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Buzz n' Piglet View Post
Having used rider swap before when we had one small child, it's absolute rubbish having to go on rides on your own.
I get that, but then the trade off of travelling with small children is seeing the magic of the characters etc through their eyes - I loved taking my boys when they were small ❤️
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Article here, apparently stopping kids riding twice:
For those that don’t want to read the article, the change is fairly minor and is as such:

The Rider Switch ‘pass’ will now only allow 2 people to ride - the person who originally waited plus one other - and not 3 people as previously was the case.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 06:19 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillybean08
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

I see both sides of the argument, we used it extensively on our 2017 visit as my just turned 5 year old was too scared to ride the rollercoasters and TOT. I wouldn’t have wanted to ride on my own and neither would my teen or partner but I think reducing the limit from 3 to 2 for the second ride is a good compromise. Nobody has to ride alone.
Gillybean08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mark1994
slightly serious Dibber

Mark1994's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Buzz n' Piglet View Post
I've been with my wife and daughter when she was 3. We just skipped doing the rides that she couldn't go on. We were aware when we booked it would be a different holiday than normal, and we were fine with that.

Plenty of rides only allow 2 people anyway, so going as a 3 generally means someone will sit by themselves.

Seems like a non issue really.
Old 12 Jul 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Mark1994 View Post
I've been with my wife and daughter when she was 3. We just skipped doing the rides that she couldn't go on. We were aware when we booked it would be a different holiday than normal, and we were fine with that.

Plenty of rides only allow 2 people anyway, so going as a 3 generally means someone will sit by themselves.

Seems like a non issue really.
Like you, I've been with my wife and my daughter when she was 3. And similarly, we skipped most of the bigger rides that my daughter couldn't go on. Thankfully, at Disney there are plenty of rides that adults and small children can both go on.

We did also use the single rider entrance for some of the rides that had this option. Which, admittedly, isn't very many at Disney.

I wouldn't say it was a non issue, but it is a fairly minor issue. It didn't impact our enjoyment of the parks.

But all that's besides the point. This small change to the Rider Swap system doesn't change anything for 2 parents with 1 small child. They will still either have to go on some bigger rides on their own or skip them.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 09:35 AM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I think it's a shame, we used it when needed when kids younger.
It will affect people like my brother and family, family of 4, 2 adults 1 young baby and a 5year old. It means one parent will miss out experiencing ride with 5 year old unless they re join queue, it's difficult when you have a very small child and one old enough to do many rides.
Old 12 Jul 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
It will affect people like my brother and family, family of 4, 2 adults 1 young baby and a 5year old. It means one parent will miss out experiencing ride with 5 year old unless they re join queue, it's difficult when you have a very small child and one old enough to do many rides.
Not sure this is the case? We will have the same dynamic next year... family of 4.

The change (as i understand it) is fine for this.

Adult 1 goes on with 5 year old whilst adult 2 looks after baby.

Once off

Adult 2 goes on with 5 year old whilst adult 1 looks after the baby.

The change is down from 2 extra people to ride with the adult (in this example) to 1 extra person only.
Old 12 Jul 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
This change will make absolutely no difference for a family of 4 with 2 adults, 1 older child who can ride and 1 younger child who cannot. See miked1e's explanation above. So your brother's family will not be affected.

It only potentially changes things for those who had a family of 5; 2 adults, 2 older children and 1 young child. In this case, both the older children will not be able to ride a second time with the second adult using the new Rider Switch pass. Instead, only one can ride a second time with the second adult.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 16 Jul 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Not sure this is the case? We will have the same dynamic next year... family of 4.

The change (as i understand it) is fine for this.

Adult 1 goes on with 5 year old whilst adult 2 looks after baby.

Once off

Adult 2 goes on with 5 year old whilst adult 1 looks after the baby.

The change is down from 2 extra people to ride with the adult (in this example) to 1 extra person only.
Thanks for explaining.
It would have affected us as a family of 5, glad we don't need child swap anymore.