Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jul 21, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Look at your boy 😍 kitchen looks great.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by 4fromsuffolk View Post
Look at your boy 😍 kitchen looks great.
He’s a really good boy. He’s really struggling with this weather but still up for a kitchen pose 😂
Old 22 Jul 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow the kitchen looks great, it's coming along really quickly.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

It's looking so good I'm almost inspired!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
It's looking so good I'm almost inspired!
Don’t do it 😂😂 or if you do, don’t expect to be still searching for alcohol free wine 🍷
Old 22 Jul 21, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
That is great progress Max is adorable, I feel for him, it really is hot for the furballs at the moment. Milo has been jumping in and out of the paddling pool all day. Ooooh have you got anything special planned for your first meal in your new kitchen?
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Sorry all, very lapse with my updates.
The house is all cracking on. This is our 5th week. The upstairs is now fully plastered as of today, both the bigger bedrooms have had a coat of white, and the box room has been plastered today as well as the landing at the top of the stairs.
I won’t bore you with pictures of plastered walls, but operation paint the upstairs will commence shortly.

We have chosen and ordered carpet for the bedrooms, landing and stairs. This is getting fitted across 2 days from 23rd August.

Shutters for the 2 front bedrooms should arrive 9th august.

We have decided to leave the ceiling and wall on stairs in the hall/landing. This is because we plan at some point to convert the loft, and it’s a hard job due to the very steep drop so the most expensive bit. It’s fairly grubby artex at the minute so we’re going to paint it white and try to live with it until we make a master upstairs.

The kitchen is also coming along real well. They are starting to have to pop onto other jobs and so we have days when they aren’t here.

This is the kitchen, nearly tiled. Just have to plumb the dishwasher in, cap the sink, 2 side panels and obviously finish the tiling. The kickboards will go on when we have hired a sander for the floor, so likely same time as we uncover the lounge floor 🙈

The old kitchen is now out. We have kept the one side for utility area, so the tumble dryer which is currently in the shed will get slotted in where the dishwasher is.

The rest has been ripped out and obviously needs plastering. We are going to have fridge freezers, coat hooks, shoe racks etc in here and make this our way in, especially in winter and with the dog.

It’s quite a big space really, especially as we have make a chunk into a toilet

So that’s where we are up to! I have been too scared to cook anything in the new kitchen but the old gas oven is out now so I have no choice! I’m just sticking a pizza in the oven though to avoid messing up the tiles. 😂

Amazingly we are still within budget, and further ahead than we expected to be. It’s been stressful at times, and we still only have the bathroom actually finished, but I think they’ll all end up finished at the same time so we can move onto the lounge
Old 28 Jul 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Sorry all, very lapse with my updates.
The house is all cracking on. This is our 5th week. The upstairs is now fully plastered as of today, both the bigger bedrooms have had a coat of white, and the box room has been plastered today as well as the landing at the top of the stairs.
I won’t bore you with pictures of plastered walls, but operation paint the upstairs will commence shortly.

We have chosen and ordered carpet for the bedrooms, landing and stairs. This is getting fitted across 2 days from 23rd August.

Shutters for the 2 front bedrooms should arrive 9th august.

We have decided to leave the ceiling and wall on stairs in the hall/landing. This is because we plan at some point to convert the loft, and it’s a hard job due to the very steep drop so the most expensive bit. It’s fairly grubby artex at the minute so we’re going to paint it white and try to live with it until we make a master upstairs.

The kitchen is also coming along real well. They are starting to have to pop onto other jobs and so we have days when they aren’t here.

This is the kitchen, nearly tiled. Just have to plumb the dishwasher in, cap the sink, 2 side panels and obviously finish the tiling. The kickboards will go on when we have hired a sander for the floor, so likely same time as we uncover the lounge floor 🙈

The old kitchen is now out. We have kept the one side for utility area, so the tumble dryer which is currently in the shed will get slotted in where the dishwasher is.

The rest has been ripped out and obviously needs plastering. We are going to have fridge freezers, coat hooks, shoe racks etc in here and make this our way in, especially in winter and with the dog.

It’s quite a big space really, especially as we have make a chunk into a toilet

So that’s where we are up to! I have been too scared to cook anything in the new kitchen but the old gas oven is out now so I have no choice! I’m just sticking a pizza in the oven though to avoid messing up the tiles. 😂

Amazingly we are still within budget, and further ahead than we expected to be. It’s been stressful at times, and we still only have the bathroom actually finished, but I think they’ll all end up finished at the same time so we can move onto the lounge
Looks fabulous, can’t wait to see the utility done ….. love a utility room
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

It's fabulous but as I keep saying so brave. We are getting the shower room done in August and I'm dreading it!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Looks fabulous, can’t wait to see the utility done ….. love a utility room
Ahh well hopefully we won’t disappoint you, as I don’t think we’ll do too much with it.

Obviously the downstairs toilet is at one end.

This side is staying exactly as is, just with the dishwasher swapped for the tumble dryer and slightly less cluttered.

Then the integrated fridge freezer is going down next to the toilet so that it’s tucked out of the way. That will be a drinks fridge and an extra freezer for ice etc.
We have a free standing fridge freezer which we will put in where the freestanding fridge freezer is now.

Then I think I’m just going to look for some upcycled coat/shoe racks, add some hooks, maybe a shelf, see what we find and what fits the space.

We also have a great cupboard under the stairs for mop/bucket, hoover etc

It’s quite a big space as it was a whole kitchen for a reasonable sized house, so we’ll just use it for storage really. We have horses and a crazy dog so do come in with muddy boots and wet paws