Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Jan 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Early Morning Magic and Villains After Dark

Any thoughts on the value of these?

Considering both of them for our early July trip.

We have an 8am BOG breakfast booked on 30th June, just realised that Early Morning Magic is now on that day so don’t know whether or not to keep that reservation or just book the EMM.

Will we lose any benefit of the 8am breakfast because EMM is on?

Any videos I’ve seen of Villains After Dark look amazing.
Thought it would be nice to do something completely different in Disney, or would the regular after hours at Magic Kingdom be better value (if it’s offered in July?)

Thanks for any help, this is the first time we have been with all these extra events offered so it’s definitely more challenging trying to organise everything!
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post

I have had a BOG pre park opening breakfast on a morning that had the Extra Morning Magic event. It made no difference whatsoever to the Fantasyland advantages, there are so few people at the event and in any case once the park opens they go off to get breakfast or do something else. So it is as if they were never there and we were near the first to board 7DMT as any other time we have had pre park opening BOG.

You have made me look and my 8am BOG booking in April is also on a day with EMM event.

I have done the regular MK After Hours and in April we are doing the Villains After Hours. I didn't deliberately pick the Villains one, at the time I booked the regular one wasn't available. Anyway I am glad we will do the Villains one, I think it could be a touch busier but the Villain bits do look good.

I don't think I would do an after hours event as well as the Extra Morning Magic event. I think price wise per hour, the After Hours is a bit cheaper and there is so much more open during After Hours, I think that makes it better value.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

We did EMM April 2019 and thought it was very good.

A tad expensive for the seven/eight rides that are open - but you do get a very good experience of a near empty Famtasyland.

You only get just over an hour to ride the rides, as Disney are very careful not to allow anyone entrance into MK until 7.45am exactly.

It's what, a 10 minute walk along Main Street and then a quick right turn at the Hub to head towards Fantasyland, so it's more like 7.55/8.00 by the time you get to ride the first ride.

Most people head straight for SDMT - but we decided to make our way to Peter Pan and It's a Small World and then rode Prince Charming Regal Carrousel (whilst not officially listed as an open ride, it tends to always be available).

It was nice to enjoy this area without any crowds, so we made the most of this and took a few photo's, before going to meet the Princesses and after riding Pooh we jumped onto SDMT with the queue's about 5 minutes.

As 9am was approaching, most people on EMM will vacate Fantasyland and head elsewhere or go for breakfast, so this will not impact you at your BOG ADR as most will have moved on from Fanstasyland just before park opening.

We stayed in the area, but went to ride Dumbo and The Barnstormer (no queues), before heading to Cosmic Rays for a pretty decent breakfast.

After breakfast we returned to Pete's Silly Sideshow (as this doesn't open until 10am) to meet some more character's and then jumped on the FP's we had reserved from 10am onwards.

All in all, it was a good day. We paid $80 per person last year (and I believe the price has now increased) - so you are roughly paying $10 per ride and getting a breakfast thrown in - albeit the breakfast was very good and plentiful.
Old 10 Jan 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

The only likely difference is they'll let you in the Mine Train queue right at rope drop, as opposed to possibly a few minutes before if EMM wasn't on. It shouldn't affect you much at all.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you Claudette, that puts my mind at ease about the EMM.

It’s just my husband and I on this trip so we won’t be devastated if we don’t get to ride Peter Pan’s flight 🤣

Hope you have a great trip in April, will be interested in what you think of the Villains After Dark.
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you Kingphil and dav220588, those are both very helpful replies 🙂