Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Mar 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Which insurance should I be getting?

With everything that is going on what should I be looking for in the insurance I get?
Should I start it now or when we travel (sep)
What does it need to have in the policy about government cancelling flights etc?
I have booked with Disney for the hotel and BA for the flights so do I need anything else with the insurance because if this?

Sorry for all the questions I’m really bad when it comes to insurance I usually just go for the cheapest but I want to get it right this time.
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Heavymetalnurse
Trying for More Ears

Hope you get some answers. I'm in the same boat, going in September and feel that I need to get my insurance sorted as well. My other half has a congenital heart condition to add to mix as well, so whatever I do it's going to sting financially I feel

Edited at 01:59 PM.
Heavymetalnurse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinKing
Trying for More Ears

We use Holidaysafe, have done for years and have claimed with them before for canceled flights. They’re great, usually top rated, and if in any doubt always call them and ask any queries or concerns you may have about your specific trip. I’ve always found them clear in communicating what they do and don’t cover, I’ve called them to clarify situations specific to both my work and play trips

If you’re referring to the virus concerns, I wouldn’t stress too much - just get the best insurance you can and I recommend holiday safe from experience of claiming, they were very helpful and will indicate what cover they will provide to the best of their ability. It’s a big unknown with CV as there are so many variable possible outcomes and scenarios (flights canceled, government no Tavel advice, park and resort closure) but just buy the best cover you can afford. Don’t expect clear cut answers for every possible coronavirus outcome because everyone is in the same boat - who knows!

Might be worth considering single trip for the exact dates you travel with better cover rather than an annual policy that you won’t need as/when this blows over.

Hope this helps a bit...
Old 3 Mar 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Corona virus aside, if you have not booked a package, you ideally need a policy which includes "End Supplier Failure" to cover you in the event that either BA or WDTC go bust (although both highly unlikely, even in current climate). If you have booked even car hire along with your flight though it will be classed as a package and this gives you extra protection. You need cover in place as soon as you have spent significant amounts of money. So if you have booked the flights outwith a package and paid full cost you need an insurance policy that starts asap in order that you are covered should you need to cancel for whatever reason.

Withe regards to Corona Virus, you need to ensure your policy will pay for cancellation in the event that the FCO or WHO advise against travel to your destination as it appears some poilcies will not. There are a couple of established threads on this in the Coronavirus topic board. From those suggestions include Columbus, Insure and Go at Gold Level and if you have pre existing medical conditions then Staysure is a good option, but you will need their optional Travel Disruption Extension to cover cancellation in the event of FCO advice not to travel.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Mobile

I would make sure that you have insurance before you pay any money out that you can't afford to lose.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for the help guys I have annual insurance for me with my bank but I’m getting separate insurance for this holiday just in case.
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs-Weasley View Post
Thanks for the help guys I have annual insurance for me with my bank but I’m getting separate insurance for this holiday just in case.
I would check with your bank to see what they think about a double insurance. It may be that it can cause problems IE each insurance company refuses to cover as they think the other is liable. See what they say.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I would check with your bank to see what they think about a double insurance. It may be that it can cause problems IE each insurance company refuses to cover as they think the other is liable. See what they say.
Never thought of that I’ll give them a call thanks
Old 3 Mar 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
loopyloo33
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs-Weasley View Post
Have you checked with your bank what their insurance covers? Dont see the point of getting another insurance policy if you are already covered.

If you booked flight, hotel, car hire with credit card you will be covered under section 75 insurance through credit card
loopyloo33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by loopyloo33 View Post
Have you checked with your bank what their insurance covers? Dont see the point of getting another insurance policy if you are already covered.

If you booked flight, hotel, car hire with credit card you will be covered under section 75 insurance through credit card
Does that work if you have paid part on credit card and part debit card?