Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 May 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Vanessa Feltz.. is it just me...

Firstly, I must say that for 35 years or more, I have always been a listener of Radio 2 whilst in my car. I work shifts and have for 29 years (Currently 0530-1330, 1330-2130, and 2130-0530. Long journeys, short journeys, any journeys. I find the mix of proper music (age showing), the amount of chat and just about everything else, just right for me. I enjoy Steve Wright, Jeremy Vine, Sara Cox, Chris Evans, popmasters, the guests and everything else entertaining

Now we get on to the title. I find Vanessa Feltz the most dull, unamusing, oily, patronising, condescending, gushy and smug DJ/presenter that I have ever heard. For the first time in my adult life, I have found myself ‘spinning the dial’ to find something else.. anything else. In work, I find many others with a similar viewpoint.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:33 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Amazing-Grace
Imagineer

Amazing-Grace's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Nope, I love her show 😍
Old 12 May 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
excitedbunny79
Imagineer

I can't comment on Vanessa Feltz as I'm never up that early! But I do feel that something has changed at Radio 2, after the Simon Mayou Debacle (which they messed with that show I will never understand!) I've found myself listening to different stations now throughout the day. I use to love listening to Jeremy Vine from Midday, but even his show now he seems to have become a parody of himself and it's lost his edge.

excitedbunny79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Don't sit on the fence CFB - tell us what you really think

I totally agree though. Why let the music talk when she can ramble on towards an Olympic gold medal for "loving the sound of her own voice". Glad that we're both retired and don't switch on that early.

Nothing really starts in this household until after Popmaster.

Don't all these shouty DJs show how professional Tel was

Mick
Old 12 May 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucky's Mum
Excited about Disney

You think you are old -I listen to Radio 4!
Lucky's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by excitedbunny79 View Post
I can't comment on Vanessa Feltz as I'm never up that early! But I do feel that something has changed at Radio 2, after the Simon Mayou Debacle (which they messed with that show I will never understand!) I've found myself listening to different stations now throughout the day. I use to love listening to Jeremy Vine from Midday, but even his show now he seems to have become a parody of himself and it's lost his edge.
Why on earth did the Beeb mess around with a perfectly enjoyable Simon Mayo show. Well we know why really don't we.

I used to slow down to make sure I heard the end of "Confessions"

Mick

Edited at 09:46 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Simon Mayo was great entertainment. I do miss him.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by mick View Post

I totally agree though. Why let the music talk when she can ramble on towards an Olympic gold medal for "loving the sound of her own voice". Glad that we're both retired and don't switch on that early.

Mick
Are you admitting to being a TOG Mick?

Originally Posted by Lucky's Mum View Post
You think you are old -I listen to Radio 4!
So do I - but I'm normally only allowed in when I am on my own in the car as no-one else shares my enjoyment!
Old 12 May 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Firstly, I must say that for 35 years or more, I have always been a listener of Radio 2 whilst in my car. I work shifts and have for 29 years (Currently 0530-1330, 1330-2130, and 2130-0530. Long journeys, short journeys, any journeys. I find the mix of proper music (age showing), the amount of chat and just about everything else, just right for me. I enjoy Steve Wright, Jeremy Vine, Sara Cox, Chris Evans, popmasters, the guests and everything else entertaining

Now we get on to the title. I find Vanessa Feltz the most dull, unamusing, oily, patronising, condescending, gushy and smug DJ/presenter that I have ever heard. For the first time in my adult life, I have found myself ‘spinning the dial’ to find something else.. anything else. In work, I find many others with a similar viewpoint.
Agree totally CFB... full of false platitudes... and generally dull... I cant listen to her whilst driving - it would be too dangerous.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post

Mick
... or dare I say it... as good as the legendary Jimmy Young was too?
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List