Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Aug 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Steve Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Lufthansa - what are they like?

Anyone flown with Lufthansa before?

Just wondered if they are decent or not as they have flights available which I am considering whether to book.

Edited at 10:53 AM.
Steve Florida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Copey10
Getting Excited

They are great. We flew to Florida via Frankfurt in August 2018. The staff are very good and the food was great for plane food. The only thing is to not leave it to the last minute to move on to your terminal when you are at Frankfurt, because it took us about half and hour. It was only that my daughter kept saying lets go, that we went otherwise we would have been really close to missing the flight. I would definitely book them again.
Copey10 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve Florida
slightly serious Dibber

The flights I am looking at has a 2 hour window between flights. Do you think that will be enough time?
Steve Florida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

2 hours at Frankfurt is ok (both for outbound and inbound)

consider that 1h20 minutes is cutting it short at this airport.

We always use FRA and Lufthansa as we mainly have no choice from the airports in close range (lyon and geneva) and we fly indirect via FRA
very big airport. The last few years they seemed to always change their terminals and have construction. Every year, it was a different procedure, different corridors, different security checkpoints. And it always took even more time

regarding the flights, it's always been very good for the transatlantic flights. nice crew, nice food, nice selection of inflight movies

we always flew on the 747s (except once from MIA on a A380)
but it seems they want to do away with the big birds.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Graciesmummy
Getting Excited

We've flown with them and couldn't fault anything! I'm also looking at booking with them for next year.
2001 Orlando and St Petes. 2002 Orlando. 2004 LA and Vegas. 2005 Vegas wedding and NYC honeymoon. 2007 Washington and RCI cruise. 2008 Vegas. 2009 Disney Anaheim. 2011 Miami and carnival cuise and Vegas. 2013 Miami and Carnival Cruise. 2015 Orlando and Cruise.
Graciesmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve only flown short haul with them and I was very impressed. Glad to see the long haul reviews are just as good.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We should have been flying with them next week. I read a lot of reviews before booking and they were all good, and their prices were the best I saw for school summer holidays.

I almost came to regret it when they were refusing to give refunds for cancelled flights (only offering vouchers) but they did refund us in the end. I *think* I’d book with them again, once this is all over and there shouldn’t be any risk of getting stuck with a cancelled flight and no refund!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Never flown with them, but have friends who swear by them and only have good things to say
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
We should have been flying with them next week. I read a lot of reviews before booking and they were all good, and their prices were the best I saw for school summer holidays.

I almost came to regret it when they were refusing to give refunds for cancelled flights (only offering vouchers) but they did refund us in the end. I *think* I’d book with them again, once this is all over and there shouldn’t be any risk of getting stuck with a cancelled flight and no refund!
We too were supposed to fly this summer, refunded in 10 days from cancellation.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
JaneB
Getting Excited

We were lucky enough to get a really good deal with Lufthansa a few years ago , flying business via Frankfurt. Amazing experience ... wouldn’t hesitate to book with them again. Frankfurt airport is huge , so def take heed of where your departure gate is .
JaneB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List