Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Mar 21, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Louiseanne
Very Serious Dibber

Orly airport

Hi we usually fly into cdg but the flight times are better this time into Orly. Can anyone who’s flown into Orly recently tell me what it’s like. Thanks
Louiseanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
rking89
Getting Excited

We fly into Orly as the Bristol flight times are early morning but back out of CDG. Reading online it mainly does domestic flights so hopefully the immigration queues aren't as long! Any tips would be great👍
rking89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

I flew in and out of Orly a few years back. I can't really remember any issues, so that probably means it was problem free!

With CDG using the train to get to the luggage and all after landing totally confused me. I definitely wasn't ready for that! 😂😂

X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

I remember a package holiday to DLP back in the mists of time. The bus driver (or his co-driver!) couldn't find Orly airport on our return journey and we spent nearly 5 hours driving around the Paris ring roads with no toilet break!

Worse part was neither of the drivers would admit they were lost even though we kept passing the same stretches of road and were seriously late.

We arrived at Orly, the plane we were booked on had left, flown to Manchester and returned to Orly. The airline wouldn't let us on (about 30 people or so) because our tickets were for the previous flight! The package company weren't answering the phone (late at night by this point). In the end one of the passengers had to pay for everyone's ticket by credit card!

Orly is (or at least was) a quiet regional airport, but not well signposted apparently.
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 21, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cairn114
Excited about Disney

I used to fly into Orly airport from Southampton on Flybe.
It’s much smaller and easier to navigate than CDG but the transport links to DLP are not quite as good. You have these choices,

Train - Orlyval to Antony then RER B to Chatelet les Halles then RER A to DLP
Bus - Magical Shuttle direct to DLP hotel
Taxi - Probably expensive
Private Transfer - Check RS Transports

Transfer times are longer than from CDG as Orly is south of Paris, allow enough time for traffic if your return flight is at peak times. If you have luggage and kids I would suggest the direct bus or private transfer options.

Have a look at these websites for more info.

parisaeroport/en/pass...blic-transport

airport-orly
cairn114 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I've not thought about orly airport, I shall have a look as I fly from Bristol and its just me.