Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jun 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
hawk299
Getting Excited

rebook to date you can't do?

Now our flights just been cancelled (BA), we now want to go Aug 2022
But flights for then aren't released yet

Has anyone considered moving to another date (still within the "Book with confidence" end of April 2022) then moving again once summer flights are released?

Worst case you could then cancel for deposit back as voucher

I'm just looking at next years prices (especially with the size S 7 seater car) and it looks like it's going to cost us thousands more to cancel and rebook

Thoughts please
hawk299 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would just get your money back and rebook when the flights are released at a price that you are happy to pay😀
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

We have done this for our disneylsnd paris trip moving twice to get the dates we wanted which were not available when our flights where cancelled. We took the refund for our orlando trip and then rebooked with better flights.
MENTALMUM is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by hawk299 View Post
Now our flights just been cancelled (BA), we now want to go Aug 2022
But flights for then aren't released yet

Has anyone considered moving to another date (still within the "Book with confidence" end of April 2022) then moving again once summer flights are released?

Worst case you could then cancel for deposit back as voucher

I'm just looking at next years prices (especially with the size S 7 seater car) and it looks like it's going to cost us thousands more to cancel and rebook

Thoughts please
If your flights are cancelled then I would take the cash refund. You aren't then tied to BA for your trip and can book the cheapest/best option for you.

ETA: You have nothing to gain by booking now for an incorrect date. The price for the date you want will be the same whether you are changing date or booking cash, but you will be limiting yourself to one supplier.

Edited at 11:03 AM.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
hawk299
Getting Excited

We're at £2600 for 23 days direct LHR-MCO including Size S car (4 of us, all adults now)

I just don't think we'll ever get anywhere near that by cancelling

Edited at 11:06 AM.
Old 13 Jun 21, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hawk299 View Post
We're at £2600 for 23 days direct LHR-MCO including Size S car (4 of us, all adults now)

I just don't think we'll ever get anywhere near that by cancelling
If you do go for the voucher/rebook option double check the terms and conditions for changing again at the time you arrange your new trip. Bear in mind you may be subject to the price difference for the new holiday too.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
hawk299
Getting Excited

Should be fine

Vouchers are valid till April 2023 and "book with confidence" is for any booking due to be completed before end April 2022

Need to be able to get through first though
Old 13 Jun 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Why would you take a voucher instead of cash? I can’t think of any advantages to that. I’d take cash every time.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

If you re-book as I understand it, you will have to still have to pay the difference in price so nothing really to gain and as others have said you will be tied in to BA?
Obviously if you are able to lock in at that price then I would be doing that.
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!

Edited at 02:32 PM.
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Yes, you rebook to a date you can’t do, with the plan of swapping that for Summer flights.
However its likely that new dates flights will be in operation, so you could cancel them, but for a voucher.
You would then be limited to only booking with that carrier (to use the voucher)
I would just get the refund in cash when they cancel
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List