Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jun 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lorr05
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Is this a good price?

Looking at next summer leaving end of June. Virgin have quoted £3230pp for 3 adults leaving from Manchester for 4 nights at hard rock hotel including 14 day universal ticket and 12 nights at Coronado springs with Disney tickets included, flying back to Glasgow. Dining credit and gift card are included.
I’ve always found Virgin to be quite pricey in the past and I’ve usually gone Thomas cook, but they are no longer an option. Flying from Scotland next summer we are limited to tui (who will only offer 2 weeks and can’t do a split stay), virgin or else get an indirect flight. It’s obviously too early to price up flights to book it all independently but next year will be busy with people delaying trips from the last two years so capacity might be tricky so I don’t want to leave it too long and miss out on a good deal but I don’t know if o wait if I’ll get it for cheaper.
What are people’s thoughts?
lorr05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

If you price up the hotels and tickets separately, how much are they charging you for flights?
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Nelly7
Excited about Disney

Have you tried Ever After Holidays, they will be able to price up a split stay for you to be able to compare against and they generally use Virgin for flights
Nelly7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

You can price up all of the bits apart from the flight. Roughly £1k for Coronado, £800 for tickets, £300 for hard rock. You are paying over a grand for the flights. Why do people book these so far in advance, I’ll never get it.
Looking at the flight prices that are out for next year- the normal prices are there and I monitor Vegas, orlando, LA, Miami and New York. I’m not seeing any difference to pre covid prices.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I think it’s pretty expensive, roughly your flights are over £1000 per person. Could you not get all other parts booked with a small deposit then have your flight budget ready for any bargains that crop up over the coming months.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
lorr05

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
I think it’s pretty expensive, roughly your flights are over £1000 per person. Could you not get all other parts booked with a small deposit then have your flight budget ready for any bargains that crop up over the coming months.
The issue is to fly direct from Scotland we don’t really get bargain flights. We have two airlines that fly direct and virgin aren’t flying from Edinburgh next year and tui won’t sell anything that isn’t a package or flights that aren’t two weeks apart. We would need to get an indirect flight which adds extra hours to the journey and comes with its own stresses. As it is we would need to travel down to Manchester and stay overnight which already adds extra to the cost.
How would you expect to pay for flights in the summer?
lorr05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lorr05

Originally Posted by Nelly7 View Post
Have you tried Ever After Holidays, they will be able to price up a split stay for you to be able to compare against and they generally use Virgin for flights
I haven’t. I will see what they can do but flights from Scotland are so limited, there isn’t much choice or wiggle room with flights to get much cheaper.
Old 15 Jun 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
lorr05

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
You can price up all of the bits apart from the flight. Roughly £1k for Coronado, £800 for tickets, £300 for hard rock. You are paying over a grand for the flights. Why do people book these so far in advance, I’ll never get it.
Looking at the flight prices that are out for next year- the normal prices are there and I monitor Vegas, orlando, LA, Miami and New York. I’m not seeing any difference to pre covid prices.
Becaus flying direct from Scotland we are now limited to virgin who have pulled Edinburgh flights for next year and Tui who will only sell a return flight two weeks apart and they are pricing at just under £1000. No other airline seems to have flights available this early in advance so it’s hard to know if this is the best deal you can get or if something else will come up later on plus your have people from the last two years who’ve all postponed holidays onto these flights so with so few flights available for us, availability might not be great later on.
Old 16 Jun 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
blabbert
Proud to wear my Ears

If flying from Manchester probably less time to then fly from scotland via somewhere else. There are loads of options normally. BA via London including transferring normally takes around 13 hours from Edinburgh. No hassles as such, bags checked all the way through.
Or can go with united or delta via new York or Washington. Clear customs and then when arrive at orlando no big immigration queues.
I know not ideal but honestly the most we have ever paid for flights including baggage is around £650per person but thats for Christmas this year. Prior years normally sit around £400/£500 per person.
Plus you would save on travel to Manchester and overnight hotel then the drive home.
Hope this helps

Edited at 09:12 AM.
blabbert is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lorr05 View Post
Looking at next summer leaving end of June. Virgin have quoted £3230pp for 3 adults leaving from Manchester for 4 nights at hard rock hotel including 14 day universal ticket and 12 nights at Coronado springs with Disney tickets included, flying back to Glasgow. Dining credit and gift card are included.
I’ve always found Virgin to be quite pricey in the past and I’ve usually gone Thomas cook, but they are no longer an option. Flying from Scotland next summer we are limited to tui (who will only offer 2 weeks and can’t do a split stay), virgin or else get an indirect flight. It’s obviously too early to price up flights to book it all independently but next year will be busy with people delaying trips from the last two years so capacity might be tricky so I don’t want to leave it too long and miss out on a good deal but I don’t know if o wait if I’ll get it for cheaper.
What are people’s thoughts?
I have had to look at it another way as a per person price doesn’t really make sense for comparison when all the accommodation is charged per room not per person.

So the Disney room and tickets would be about £4K, Universal tickets £900 (ish), Universal hotel £1400 (looks like an expensive time, I’d consider RPR instead) equals £6300.

You have been quoted £9690 so that is £1100 per flight which seems excessive. The trouble is you are pricing too soon for a flight inclusive deal, I would leave it a couple of months until flights are released and then price up again.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List