Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Jul 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Disney world... normality

Those of you keeping watch... When do you think normality IE pre Covid will return. With the potential of THE DDP returning, although date unknown I'm excited to possibly return.
Thanks
TB
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Other than Parades/DDP/EMH and character meets, I think they're pretty much back to normal.

The amount of people packed in for Happily Ever After last night means they've definitely done away with social distancing now.

I'm glad to see things get back to normal, but I think within the next 12 months for Character Meets and I'm not sure on parades, I think they might keep the cavalcades
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Agreed, almost all social distancing is already gone. The only thing left is social distanced characters.

They still have a huge amount of staff to recruit back though, which is going to prevent things like restaurants and shops returning to pre-covid operating levels. Particularly in Epcot as I'm not sure how much of the international program is currently running. That's the harder one to put a date on, although they'll be pushing to get as much opened by October as they can.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

I wouldn't be surprised if the DDP is back by October and meet and greets this month/next month alongside a FP+ announcement & Xmas parties announced next month too.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the DDP is back by October and meet and greets this month/next month alongside a FP+ announcement & Xmas parties announced next month too.
I hope you're right, I know people all have differing views but we love FP. I'm a planner through and through (although always happy to tweak our plans to suit how we feel at the time) and I'd love to have these back.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Of back by October do you mean for next year?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MrIncredible
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

If things continue as they are I suspect things will be pretty normal in the parks by the time the Christmas season rolls around. The only think I can see not being is parades, as I think the cavalcades might be here to stay.
MrIncredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrIncredible View Post
If things continue as they are I suspect things will be pretty normal in the parks by the time the Christmas season rolls around. The only think I can see not being is parades, as I think the cavalcades might be here to stay.
Rumours are parades will be back October 1st for the 50th anniversary
ScoopsAhoy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

I just want to hug Minnie Mouse!
Old 2 Jul 21, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Of back by October do you mean for next year?
No, i mean things will be back this year. There are still staffing issues but now the college programme has started again i think things will fall back into place after they have they have had training.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List