Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Jul 21, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Speaking as someone who loves fireworks I wouldn’t care as long as there are fireworks. I understand that some people love the projections on the castle and the soundtrack but for me it doesn’t matter if they change as long as it exists. It all comes together to make a fantastic spectacle no matter what it’s called.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I was gutted when Wishes went but then was blown away by Happily Ever After. Enchantment will be something else, this is a huge occasion for Disney and you’ll get to see it! 😍
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Just a warning for folks who feel no fireworks compare to Disney fireworks - don’t ever watch the New Years Eve fireworks at the Magic Kingdom - they have literally spoilt me from even watching ‘regular’ Disney ones for life now!

Christmas isn’t my favourite time of year to go - I miss Christmas at home, the parks are way too busy and the weather can be iffy, but I will go again at that time of year purely to see those NYE fireworks again!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1990
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
I was gutted when Wishes went but then was blown away by Happily Ever After. Enchantment will be something else, this is a huge occasion for Disney and you’ll get to see it! 😍
I was sad when wishes went, I loved wishes so much so you are right I will love Enchantment too..then HEA the year after 🤞🤞🤞 yay…thank you for your lovely positive message..💕💕
Florida1990 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Anyone remember "Fantasy in the Sky"? The were my favourite and I didn't think Wishes could hold a candle to them. They had them back on 3rd & 4th July when we visited in 2005, I seem to remember.

A little voice nearby us in the crowd "Are the fireworks over yet Mama?"

"Not yet, not till the red, white & blue firworks go up"
Old 5 Jul 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Suspect the new one will be fantastic but I also thought happily Ever after was great, being lucky enough to see it 3 times I think, plus the Christmas, plus the New Year fireworks from Top of the World in 2019/2020 which was amazing (never seen the New Year ones before).
The new Epcot one also looks special from the distant video and photos.
Old 5 Jul 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Just a warning for folks who feel no fireworks compare to Disney fireworks - don’t ever watch the New Years Eve fireworks at the Magic Kingdom - they have literally spoilt me from even watching ‘regular’ Disney ones for life now!

Christmas isn’t my favourite time of year to go - I miss Christmas at home, the parks are way too busy and the weather can be iffy, but I will go again at that time of year purely to see those NYE fireworks again!
They really are something else ❤️
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

I'm just glad there will be fireworks of any sort when we go next September.

Wishes was great, HEA was great and the 50th will be great. WDW know how to impress with fireworks/projections
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
Anyone remember "Fantasy in the Sky"? The were my favourite and I didn't think Wishes could hold a candle to them. They had them back on 3rd & 4th July when we visited in 2005, I seem to remember.

A little voice nearby us in the crowd "Are the fireworks over yet Mama?"

"Not yet, not till the red, white & blue firworks go up"
I suspect people were devastated when Wishes replaced Fantasy in the Sky. But then they were devastated when HEA replaced Wishes. They'll probably be devastated when the new firework show gets replaced by something else.

I guess some folks get incredibly nostalgic for what went before until they get used to the new thing. It must be terrible for them to feel such overwhelming grief every time Disney updates something.

Hmm, thinking about it, I've never actually seen HEA. Poop!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I'm still upset about MSEP going and I haven't seen that since the 80s
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List