Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jul 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
In reality what normally happens is you ask the answer is not this time staff leave find another practice then negotiate a better pay rate. My first patient of the day " are you happy with your 3% pay rise then?" Err it doesn't include us. I would love to know who practice nurses can go to for support on pay. Its not the union and in my experience little input from ccgs on pay.
As you have said your ultimate sanction is to move employer. Nurses work as practice nurses for a number of reasons. These could include:

They enjoy the work.
They work close to home
They have the hours and days they want.
They like the people they work with.

Salary is only one aspect of why people do it. Frankly if anyone wanted a great salary then nursing is not the career for them. (I write as a semi-retired nurse who worked for NHS for over 36 years and now sticks needles into the public during these current challenging times).

You could always go back to hospital nursing. The number of available jobs is high at present.

The last thing to expect is that your patients will understand how GP practices work or are paid. They think everything is one big joined up service!
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
In reality what normally happens is you ask the answer is not this time staff leave find another practice then negotiate a better pay rate. My first patient of the day " are you happy with your 3% pay rise then?" Err it doesn't include us. I would love to know who practice nurses can go to for support on pay. Its not the union and in my experience little input from ccgs on pay.
Practice nurses need to take action jointly rather than just one or two. Trade unions will help but a lot will not bother etc.

nursingtimes/news/pr...ns-27-02-2020/
Old 24 Jul 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
TORIMS
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Reallly? I haven't seen anything that says AHPs are getting this rise. My wife doesn't seem to think so. All I've seen is that "nurses, paramedics, consultants, dentists and salaried GPs" will get it - as per the government press release.

If you have a link saying AHPs are getting this then that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Apologies if I'm wrong. Sometimes it feels like the government and the general public think only doctors and nurses work in NHS hospitals.
It does include AHP’s! I work for Community NHS Trust (that has AHP’s), and all AfC staff will get the 3% pay-rise.

Vicki

Apr 1998 Rodeway Inn International drive
Oct 2000 Quality Inn Anahiem, Navy lodge Coranado & The Rio Las Vegas
Apr 2005 Formosa Gardens & Toronto
Dec 2007 Newport Bay DLP
Feb 2012 Port Orleans Riverside

Aug 2014 2 weeks SSR (1 night HRH)
TORIMS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by TORIMS View Post
It does include AHP’s! I work for Community NHS Trust (that has AHP’s), and all AfC staff will get the 3% pay-rise.
That's great. It means my hardworking wife should get a pay rise this year. Thanks.

Unlike myself, who got 0% pay rise this year.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List