Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Dec 11, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by gemmybear83 View Post
Hi! I got married the first week of December last year at the yacht club and it was fab, like you we do not enjoy the heat and we loved all the Christmas decorations.

Your plans sound fab!
Thanks We've been keeping an eye on the weather over the past two weeks and it suits us much better, and there is nothing better than the castle lit up with the zillion lights!

Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
Brill start to your planning journal Tabz. I love the second dress. (possibly cos the model is more my size than the two skinnies in three and four )

I know you have a long way to go, but just to give a bit input at the start, I'm not sure how you are going to fit in doing brunch with your wedding party if you plan for a 2.30pm ceremony. From what I understand Disney want you ready at least an hour before your ceremony - to get you there and have time for piccies, also hair and make-up come a couple hours before this, factor in time to get into your dress and you will be having brunch at 9am.
Thank you Pink

I do love the second dress also, it's beautifully shiny! The first two are from a range by Alfred Sung called Callista - made for curvy brides! As you can see from the pictures I'm not going to be a tiny bride!

Thanks for the advice, maybe it's just my terminology, I have brunch in my head but it can quite easily be breakfast, I want to make sure i force myself to eat something, and putting me in that kind of environment with everyone around me will make me eat coz they will all bully me into it! Maybe we can do it at 8am to ensure everything runs on time, i HATE being late it's one of my pet hates! xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 11, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Kim
Imagineer

Love the 4th Dress.

Great plans so far. Lol about changing your mind, it was the same with Amy's wedding it was changed a gazillion times in the 2 years of planning.

Know what you mean about the carpet in the WP... Amy called it 'The Great Nan Carpet' because my Nan loved it

Kim
Kim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 11, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkgirl
Imagineer

Pinkgirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 34
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
Know what you mean about the carpet in the WP... Amy called it 'The Great Nan Carpet' because my Nan loved it

Kim
There is another thread somewhere on which I commented that my mum had the exact same carpet in her lounge. She has thankfully changed it in the last few months so I no longer feel the need to cover up a knowing snigger when I visit.

My Princess
2016 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2014 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2012 - Rosen Inn, Yacht Club; 2010 - POFQ; 2009 - POR; 2008 - Wyndham, POFQ, Renaissance Seaworld; 2003 - Holiday Inn, I Drive; 2000 - Hojo, I Drive, All Star Movies; 1997 - Best Western, I Drive
Pinkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 11, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yay you have started your PJ Tabz!

I am with you on those orchids, beautiful! And now we know the silk ones are just as good in real life, and the company provides such fab service! Will be sure to send you more photos when the rest of my bouquets arrive, I have added blue crystals into my bouquet so perfect for you too maybe?! Thanks so much for sending me her link!

And I am so pleased you have changed to WP now, I think it is just perfect but I am biased! lol.

Agree that your brunch will have to be early, our hair and make up starts at 11am for a 5pm ceremony, but I have hundreds of BMs lol.

Look forward to reading more of your plans and thank you again for all of your help with my planning! xxx
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 11, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post

This all looks amazing & wonderful! How exciting I can't wait to follow you along the planning x
Old 19 Dec 11, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Kim View Post
Love the 4th Dress.

Great plans so far. Lol about changing your mind, it was the same with Amy's wedding it was changed a gazillion times in the 2 years of planning.

Kim
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
There is another thread somewhere on which I commented that my mum had the exact same carpet in her lounge. She has thankfully changed it in the last few months so I no longer feel the need to cover up a knowing snigger when I visit.
Hahahahaha it's definately nanna carpet! I'm hoping with the runner and petals I won't take much notice of it, i'll hate it before and after and ignore it in between

Originally Posted by lady emz View Post
Yay you have started your PJ Tabz!

I am with you on those orchids, beautiful! And now we know the silk ones are just as good in real life, and the company provides such fab service! Will be sure to send you more photos when the rest of my bouquets arrive, I have added blue crystals into my bouquet so perfect for you too maybe?! Thanks so much for sending me her link!

And I am so pleased you have changed to WP now, I think it is just perfect but I am biased! lol.

Agree that your brunch will have to be early, our hair and make up starts at 11am for a 5pm ceremony, but I have hundreds of BMs lol.

Look forward to reading more of your plans and thank you again for all of your help with my planning! xxx
I'm so excited by the silk flowers it's a little bit scary! I do love those blue crystal sprays and think I might just have to steal that too hehe

I still feel like we will rattle around in there but with the pics we can get around WP and GF compares to nothing else on site, it also means we can buy the little wedding pavilion statue thingy, to add to our Disney Dust Gatherers shelf!

Hahaha i love your army of bridesmaids We'll see how it goes, if we can't squeeze it in then it's not the end of the world, I just thought it would be nice to get everyone together the morning of
Old 19 Dec 11, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Steph0188 View Post
This all looks amazing & wonderful! How exciting I can't wait to follow you along the planning x
Thanks Steph I need the excitement to get me through the next 3 years, well technically 2.9 years now hahaha xx
Old 19 Dec 11, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Haha 2.9 years, I like it! I forgot to add I love the last dress too! And how amazing are your MK portraits going to be with the Christmas castle?! If we can't get one of our dates at the 45 day mark I think I will book for Nov / Dec 2013 so we can have that too, maybe I should do that anyway?! lol.

Steal away my love with my ideas, that is why I post on here as I get so many ideas from other brides! What colour petals will you have along the aisle? I guess you can't get blue rose petals? So I was thinking purple and white? xxx
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 11, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lady emz View Post
Haha 2.9 years, I like it! I forgot to add I love the last dress too! And how amazing are your MK portraits going to be with the Christmas castle?! If we can't get one of our dates at the 45 day mark I think I will book for Nov / Dec 2013 so we can have that too, maybe I should do that anyway?! lol.

Steal away my love with my ideas, that is why I post on here as I get so many ideas from other brides! What colour petals will you have along the aisle? I guess you can't get blue rose petals? So I was thinking purple and white? xxx
I definatly want something a bit princessy i have to behave and not get too hung up on the dresses at this early stage, i'm not letting myself look for another 12 months now hehe

Isn't the castle just stunning! I don't know if it will be lit up that early in the morning tho, thats my only concern... well not really a concern, just would be amazing if it was!

Not sure about the petals yet - if I can't get blue from Disney I might see if one of the freeze dried petal companies will supply them for me, and how much Disney would charge to set them up - I don't mind paying them to set them up for me failing that I might just get a combo of white and ivory - but maybe a splattering of purple would be really pretty - so many choices! x
Old 19 Dec 11, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Really glad you've started your TR!
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread