Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 4 Jul 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
KevinCosmos
Getting Excited

Question First Draft - December 2019 - Suggestions?

With December fast approaching, we are now properly looking at getting some form of itinerary in place.

We're fully flexible on everything apart from the things that are booked (MVMCP, KSC, Candlelight Processional Dining Package) so we are open to any suggestions of things to change - this is our first time planning a Disney holiday so this may be absolute rubbish

2 adults, pretty obsessed with Christmas stuff so a lot of our additional plans (Celebration and anything else we may plan) will be in the evenings so that all the christmas lights are on.

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/plan...ew.php?p=62274

Edited at 08:39 AM.
KevinCosmos is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

How brilliant, we have booked for early Dec 2020 so would love to know what you think about everything when you get back!

Remember the Christmas tree trail in Disney Springs (if they do it again this year) plus the free Stitch hunt (although the character might have changed) - I think that the hunt booklet was available from the World of Disney shop in Disney Springs. Also have you put some time aside for going and seeing the decorations at the different Disney hotels - there is a gingerbread house or display in GF, Contemporary, Poly, Beach/Yacht club and Broadwalk as far as I know.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi,
Our countdowns are similar. We’re also doing same days as you on 5/12, 6th and 8th
We’ll be at Candlelight Processional same time but we’re dining at Via Napoli at 5.30. 2adults(me and DD).
Have you thought about Sea World they do some lovely Christmas things.
Where are you staying?
I think plan looks fine. I’m sure others will be along to comment. See you there.😂

Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando. Easter 2013, Sept/Oct 2015, Nov/Dec 2017
Wilderness Lodge 2018
AKL 2019, 2020, 2022. Beach Club 2023
sasperella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
KevinCosmos
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Rabel View Post
How brilliant, we have booked for early Dec 2020 so would love to know what you think about everything when you get back!

Remember the Christmas tree trail in Disney Springs (if they do it again this year) plus the free Stitch hunt (although the character might have changed) - I think that the hunt booklet was available from the World of Disney shop in Disney Springs. Also have you put some time aside for going and seeing the decorations at the different Disney hotels - there is a gingerbread house or display in GF, Contemporary, Poly, Beach/Yacht club and Broadwalk as far as I know.
This is a very rough outline to detail more of where we plan to be each day, we will definitely make time to resort hop and see the festive decorations!

Originally Posted by sasperella View Post
Hi,
Our countdowns are similar. We’re also doing same days as you on 5/12, 6th and 8th
We’ll be at Candlelight Processional same time but we’re dining at Via Napoli at 5.30. 2adults(me and DD).
Have you thought about Sea World they do some lovely Christmas things.
Where are you staying?
I think plan looks fine. I’m sure others will be along to comment. See you there.😂
Hey

Thanks for pointing out Via Napoli - this is the restaurant we wanted but we were showing no availability yesterday. I've checked again today and managed to switch to Via Napoli at 5:15PM, very happy! Thanks again

My partner has some very strong opinions on Sea World's history of treatment to animals so would refuse to do anything related to them.

We're staying at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista

It seems so close yet so far!

Edited at 12:47 PM.
KevinCosmos is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

Hi - we are also going at the same time ! Can you tell me what trail and hunt are?
mickeymouseears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mickeymouseears View Post
Hi - we are also going at the same time ! Can you tell me what trail and hunt are?
I've only seen the tail end of these in the beginning of January but they do look good.

The Christmas Tree Trail is near Wolfgang Puck Express (towards the footpath to Saratoga Springs). It is a collection of Christmas Trees decorated in different themes (normally the movies) and there is a drink stall and an opportunity to meet Santa. There is also fake snow falling and I think that there are photographers dotted around.

The hunt was, at least when we were there, something to do with spotting Stitch but I must admit I didn't see very much of it and just picked up the booklet out of curiosity. However it does seem to be a thing on the website disneyworld.disney.go/en...isney-springs/. I think there was a "tim tracker" video that reviewed it last year but I cannot remember what you got for spotting all of them.

I really want to go and look at the gingerbread decorations in Poly, GF, contemporary, broadwalk and boat/yacht club. We missed them last year (looked on the 2nd Jan and they were taken down that morning).
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've only seen the tail end of these in the beginning of January but they do look good.

The Christmas Tree Trail is near Wolfgang Puck Express (towards the footpath to Saratoga Springs). It is a collection of Christmas Trees decorated in different themes (normally the movies) and there is a drink stall and an opportunity to meet Santa. There is also fake snow falling and I think that there are photographers dotted around.

The hunt was, at least when we were there, something to do with spotting Stitch but I must admit I didn't see very much of it and just picked up the booklet out of curiosity. However it does seem to be a thing on the website disneyworld.disney.go/en...isney-springs/. I think there was a "tim tracker" video that reviewed it last year but I cannot remember what you got for spotting all of them.

I really want to go and look at the gingerbread decorations in Poly, GF, contemporary, broadwalk and boat/yacht club. We missed them last year (looked on the 2nd Jan and they were taken down that morning).
Hi,
I didn’t know about the hunt so had a look. This year evidently is Chip & Dale going on a hunt for Christmas baubles/decorations. You buy a book and stickers for around $6. When you see C&Dale with bauble you stick corresponding sticker in book, when you’ve collected all of them you get a prize.
Hope I’ve remembered that correctly.

Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando. Easter 2013, Sept/Oct 2015, Nov/Dec 2017
Wilderness Lodge 2018
AKL 2019, 2020, 2022. Beach Club 2023
sasperella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for the info!
mickeymouseears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
KevinCosmos
Getting Excited

Thanks all for the info on other things to do - any more feedback is greatly welcome, I've switched things up slightly following discussion with my partner. I'm still not 100% happy with it and will definitely be making some more minor changes, just finding it difficult to plan around Thanksgiving weekend.
Old 10 Aug 19, 01:47 AM  
Link to this Post
disluns
New Poster (4)

Looks like a fab plan! I'll also be going to WDW on the exact same dates as you 28th nov - 12th dec, flying from London Gatwick with Virgin Atlantic. Not long now 110 days to go, can't wait!
disluns is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List