Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Nov 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
US/IOA resort guest early entry?

Looking to stay at Universal for a while my next trip (either PB or RPR), with the early entry is it both parks or just one? Also, is it every day there's a park with early entry?
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Mobile

Normally just the one park IOA or US, however was IOA every day we stayed onsite in September. To be honest there’s very little benefit in it with express as the line for Hagrids is madness whenever. Early entry to VB is very useful though

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi I think it depends on when you go, in the busy period it is both parks, sometimes just one park usually Studios.
You also get early entry to Volcano bay.

Eg. currently it is only Studios and Volcano bay.

As Sandshal says with express you don't really need early entry.

Edited at 06:26 PM.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thank you both

I haven't been to US/IOA since 2006, be interesting to see all the changes, especially Harry Potter.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

You will love it, they are our favourite parks !
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by curlysue2 View Post
You will love it, they are our favourite parks !
Thank you, I think I'm Disney'd out so looking forward to a change
Old 26 Nov 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We were there last week and it was only Studios and Volcano bay with early entry.

It was handy to have, as we didnt have express. However it is only the minions ride, and the Harry potter ride (escape from gringotts) that is open during the hour. I did also notice the leaky cauldron was open during this time too.

With Volcano bay, we found this more beneficial as you had first pick of the lockers and it was just quieter getting yourself sorted.

Edit: also wanted to add it was every day that Studios and Volcano bay had early entry (except the days Volcano bay was closed due to the weather)

Edited at 03:12 PM.
Zellotape is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Normally just the one park IOA or US, however was IOA every day we stayed onsite in September. To be honest there’s very little benefit in it with express as the line for Hagrids is madness whenever. Early entry to VB is very useful though
I am nearly sure it has not been IoA for a long time, not since Hagrid’s ride opened.

OP it will only be one of US and IoA and usually the same one for a month or so at a time, although as mentioned above it has only been US for a long time now. It was only US when we went in January too, we used the extra time a couple of mornings (there for a week), it was quite good, we got to walk onto Gringotts a few times on same morning.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am nearly sure it has not been IoA for a long time, not since Hagrid’s ride opened.

OP it will only be one of US and IoA and usually the same one for a month or so at a time, although as mentioned above it has only been US for a long time now. It was only US when we went in January too, we used the extra time a couple of mornings (there for a week), it was quite good, we got to walk onto Gringotts a few times on same morning.
Probably right, it may well have been US. I remember it was the same park every day, I could well be mistaken as we couldn’t see the benefit with express so didn’t bother with early opening other than VB

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List