Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 28 Nov 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We bought 225 of our points back in 2005 at Saratoga... and have never used them to stayed there! Although have visited the draw of OKW calls every time.
Will definitely have a look again and look forward to refurb photos.
Our friends at the Gurgling Suitcase sent us more chilly looking photos of the Seasonal decorations and pool yesterday.
My brother leaves tomorrow, he's hoping for a warm up!
We stick to the hot months but it does look great at Christmas
Hope you have had a great break and look forward to further Saratoga updates after your next trip
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just checking in to see if there are any updates? What buildings are finished and what is next? Anyone know?
Old 22 Dec 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
don't suppose you need a hand carrying the bags Mr Tom? At the moment not due to go back until 2021 - its killing me!
Hopefully by 2021 the flight companies have sorted themselves out as summer 2020 is extortionate from Manchester . Just keep telling yourself that

Edited at 10:28 PM.
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 02:33 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s been pretty miserable today. Raining, overcast from morning to night. It’s a bit rainy tomorrow AM and cooler. Warming up nicely then though, Xmas day looks lovely.
Old 23 Dec 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Just checking in to see if there are any updates? What buildings are finished and what is next? Anyone know?
No updates that I have spotted lately sorry.

However if anybody is prepared to fund my Wife and I we are prepared at great personal inconvenience to drop everything and fly out at a moments notice and report back.

Go on you all know you want an update and pictures.

Failing that we return there in May.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
No updates that I have spotted lately sorry.

However if anybody is prepared to fund my Wife and I we are prepared at great personal inconvenience to drop everything and fly out at a moments notice and report back.

Go on you all know you want an update and pictures.

Failing that we return there in May.

We’re also going in May Tom. Have you managed to book your flights yet? Prices are extortionate! Going to wait until after Christmas and NY and see what prices do but at this rate we’ll be flying into Miami. At least we’ll have GE then so I don’t have to deal with anyone, the worst officials I have encountered throughout the US at that airport
Old 23 Dec 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post

We’re also going in May Tom. Have you managed to book your flights yet? Prices are extortionate! Going to wait until after Christmas and NY and see what prices do but at this rate we’ll be flying into Miami. At least we’ll have GE then so I don’t have to deal with anyone, the worst officials I have encountered throughout the US at that airport
We are sorted for May as we nabbed a reasonable PE price and then managed to get very reasonable prices for UC upgrades.

For August we are PE as the upgrade prices are insane - over £1200 each per leg. Don't think so!

Best of luck in your search

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We are sorted for May as we nabbed a reasonable PE price and then managed to get very reasonable prices for UC upgrades.

For August we are PE as the upgrade prices are insane - over £1200 each per leg. Don't think so!

Best of luck in your search
Thank you!

Glad you’re all sorted with flights, sounds like you got a good deal. We would have booked earlier but we decided only last week that we would change our plans from September to May otherwise we would have booked sooner. 🤞🏼 Flight prices come down soon so we can get something booked 😬
Old 23 Dec 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I rebooked in the middle of the night when Thomas cook went under for April/May and also got good PE price and upgraded outbound to UC with miles. Can’t wait!
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I went Saturday for a very quick look (kids were moaning about going to buy iPhones for Xmas so didn’t venture far into the resort). Not much to report. There was still a car park in Congress taken up with building equipment but saw no sign of any activity going on at all. Not sure if that third building was open.