Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 18 Nov 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Carolynmf
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
I was at a wedding yesterday of a friends daughter in a country house. It was a humanist service but was also a legal ceremony. It was the best wedding I have ever been to. It was very personal and great fun.
Carolynmf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Not much to offer but just wanted to offer my congratulations xxx

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Thanks all, we’re looking to have it soon really, and on a budget so no cars, photographer, videographer, or much fuss really.
50 day and 80 night.
I like the idea of staying the night before with my bridesmaid, and having our hair and makeup done; and then my Dad meeting us there.
It’s a bit scary as we will be covering it all ourselves, and we bought our house this year, so we have to keep it affordable.
We’ll all be staying at the hotel so be nice to have breakfast etc the morning after
Old 18 Nov 18, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by TartanTink View Post
Not much to offer but just wanted to offer my congratulations xxx
Thsnkyou 🥂
Old 18 Nov 18, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by hideinpockets View Post
Congratulations! I’m getting married in June 2020.

A lot of hotels will do discounts / packages. Have a look around some local hotels but also chains. And I echo visiting wedding fairs (or even looking for Black Friday deals for example) avoiding the “wedding season” I.e summer and weekends will save you money.

We’re having our wedding on a farm so a bit different but we’re having a celebrant so not religious but also not legal (yet!) so can personalise the ceremony exactly to what we want. You have to be careful if you have a legal ceremony to have no religious words in any readings or songs. This goes as far as to (for example) not being able to have Angels by Robbie Williams as Angels is a religious word. So be aware of that.

Otherwise i’d really recommend joining some wedding Facebook groups. I’m on The Emboldened Bride on Facebook, it’s run by a wedding planner and everyone is so friendly and shares really helpful tips!

Good luck! I am loving planning!
I literally never knew that about the ceremony, so must be careful

Just need to think about what to walk up the aisle to
Old 18 Nov 18, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’d really suggest reconsidering not having a photographer. The photos are going to be the main thing you actually take away with you from the day (apart from memories) and I think having professional photos is a really lovely thing. Depending on what you want / how long you book the photographer for it might still be affordable. Good luck with planning!

Bridebook is a really good app to keep track / find suppliers.
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

The photographer is my partners stipulation, I can plan and do pretty much whatever as long as no enforced staged photos..
I hate having my photo taken too; so i’m ok with it; we’ll ask family and friends to take photos.
Our whole budget will need to be about 8k, inc dress and suits and the like; so dropping £1k for a photographer isn’t possible.
I don’t want the food and drink to be mediocre. And so i’m doing one bridesmaid; that sort of thing.
I just can’t go into debt for one day, but I want it to be as nice as possible
Old 18 Nov 18, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
Mobile

Fair enough, I would say that I think staged photos are long gone. A lot of photographers now are “documentary” style aka no posed photos (unless you wanted them) and they would just capture the day. I personally think photos are so important as a lasting memory I’m happy to spend the money over something else but if you’d rather prioritise something else then do one thing about wedding planning is that everyone else likes to tell you how to plan your own wedding so stay strong
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Not getting married, but helped my close friend with her wedding planning, my thing to say is, if everything is in one room check where they expect you to go between everything - between the ceremony and ‘breakfast’ we had photos but prior to and after them we were ‘mingleing’ round the lobby whilst they were setting up the tables (and that was a different room!) then whilst they were setting up for the evening we all had to just loiter around the bar area which wasn’t ideal, but she wasn’t told that we’d have to clear out between, or whether they could provide a private area for us to grab drinks either (though the room we were in for the time did have a private bar)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
We got married in a fancy pub garden!
My dad drove me there.
We didn't really want over formal photos but a friend of a friend was an amateur photographer so did it for£100.
Tbh they were really good but we also got everyone else to send us theirs and I love the more casual ones just as much.
My mum's friend did mine and bridesmaid bouquets and we had 1 flower in a vase on each table!
Total cost £100 (including flowers for my sisters anniversary!)
Bridesmaid dress - 4 year old £40 - end of season dress so they couldn't order it anymore.
No order of service etc, no favours, no disposable cameras etc.
We had a posh BBQ in the garden. We paid for 1)2 bottle per person the rest was up to them.
We also paid for coffee/tea (in advance) but wouldn't bother again as no-one bothered.
We also paid for 4 overnight rooms at the pub.
We got married on the August Bank holiday Saturday and total cost was £5500.

Perfect.

Congratulations and happy planning xxxx

Edited at 08:03 AM.
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List