Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 7 Oct 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Walkers Grr

I have been trying to book a BWV standard view studio for next September. every day at noon I am frozen out, you can see both Today and yesterday with no availability.

About an hour later yesterday then becomes free as people walk their reservation one day.

It's really frustrating but understandable what people are doing, I do think there should be a limit on the number of changes you can do though.

Edited at 07:33 PM.
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
I have been trying to book a BWV standard view studio for next September. every day at noon I am frozen out, you can see both Today and yesterday with no availability.

About an hour later yesterday then becomes free as people walk their reservation one day.

It's really frustrating but understandable what people are doing, I do think there should be a limit on the number of changes you can do though.
But the same system is open to you to use and walk to get the reservation you want.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

I’ve walked reservations. It’s available for all members.
Old 7 Oct 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
I’ve walked reservations. It’s available for all members.
Me too. Always for VGC!
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Yes Gavvy I agree it’s very annoying. I don’t know what the answer is.

Personally I simply can’t be free to do it every day at the right time, nor do I have enough points to walk early enough to guarantee my booking. So although people may say it’s available to everyone, it isn’t a level playing field (from my perspective).
Old 7 Oct 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I am not against walking, it's just at this rate I won't be able to get in on my day one until... well god knows, I am lucky that I can go any time between Sep and Nov 30... so I Should be able to get in at some stage.

It's just annoying as more and more are walking and its now v hard to get dates you need- unless you too walk months out- making the problem even worse.

I'd be happy to say pay an admin fee after say 3 or 4 changes, as long as it went to the cost of dues...which of course Disney would never do it go straight to Uncle Bobs 401k
Old 7 Oct 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

I've just booked our BWV stay for end of August next year and all room types were available for our 12 night stay. thought maybe things weren't as busy but obviously not. I've never walked- never had to in 20'years -have we just been lucky! 😬 Is it busy because of food and wine? Not sure I could manage to walk a reservation - sounds torturous!

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Mobile

Its the standards being walked and yeah its food and wine and low points. Hardest time to get a standard. Looks like I should have walked since August.
I will keep trying but its hard as I am in work at 12 when the booking window opens.
Old 7 Oct 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I totally think that Disney should impose a charge after a certain number of changes - I find the walking infuriating, especially as now some are walking for literally months!

I agree with Karen that whilst it’s open to all, it isn’t a level playing field - both lower point owners are more limited & dependent on your Use year can also effect how far out you can walk (something I’ve found out to my cost with wanting a Christmas reservation) - I find myself in a situation that I already know that I’m unlikely to get a booking at 11 months for Christmas 2020, and so I’m having to book a more expensive room for less nights (as I haven’t got a huge number of points) & am having to stay offsite for part of my stay. And I’d been willing and able (timewise) to walk, but yet I’m already blocked from walking as early as everyone else with a different Use year.

Like others, I don’t know what the answer is, charging after say two changes to a booking will reduce walking, but no doubt upset those who change holiday plans frequently.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The intention of DVC was never to ‘walk’ it really is an abuse of the system causing an ever decreasing circle (now another has to walk, then another).

When you had to ring in, there was less of a problem. I warned on here I think, that the online amendment system (and it is much better) would result in much more walking.

Simple solution, 1 change to a booking only, maybe 2. Otherwise you have to cancel and book again.