Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 30 Oct 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

I haven’t complained, but another vote for Moorland View. We have stayed there a couple of times and you’re so right about the price in school hols!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
The path is closed from the village/pancake house past the lakeside apartments all the way to sports plaza end. It opens about 6pm. We have to walk the road route so quite a bit further. Not a problem as we're all able bodied but plan to send kids swimming ahead without us to give them s bit of freedom has gone. Don't want to risk DD who's only 10 with traffic and workmen.

Yes, construction traffic by us. There's a dumper truck parked about 4 lodges further up. A large crane passing morning and night. And obviously a lot more pedestrians did to oath being closed.

The lodge itself is lovely, except the smell. Had ioniser on again this afternoon.

We always go for a slightly better lodge, has to include housekeeping, towels, dishwasher. The sauna is amazing and we're all getting great use out of it. We picked it for the area. Last year we were in Lakeside Lodge, year before Badger Wood. We always stay in "middle section" as it's what we like and close to everything for when DD is tired at night.

Just disappointed. Lodge was £1249. Another £200 on kids activities. And that's before we've bought any good or drink. It's only £449 in February so definitely paying a premium for half term.

Wouldn't have minded so much if we'd been told in advance about building work. Appreciate they've got to continously update it.

£50 refund just didn't seem much compensation when she was trying to "put the sparkle back"
I would be fuming paying all that money with building work going on so close and the other issues you've encountered. We stopped visiting CP a good few years ago as prices were just getting so high for school holidays.

I would definitely pursue your complaint,the whole point of a CP holiday is peace and tranquility, lovely forest walks and luxury lodges. Doesn't sound like you've received any of the above.

Good luck,let us know how you get off.
Old 31 Oct 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Reminds me of the viz top tip

"Parents unsure when your schools holidays are ? simply check the centre parcs website and see when the prices are four times more expensive"
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Fra
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
Reminds me of the viz top tip

"Parents unsure when your schools holidays are ? simply check the centre parcs website and see when the prices are four times more expensive"
harsh - surely that's the "normal price" and they are discounted during less busy periods.

I've said it before though - Center Parcs could show Disney a few ways to get more money out of folks.
Fra is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve complained before (something more serious imo involving a staff member).
We got £50 off a new booking and free insurance which we accepted. You need to really tell them what you actually want if you’re not happy with their offer but as others have said be prepared not to get it, they’re fully booked most weeks even in low season so they’ll sell it anyway. (Not right but how it is unfortunately).
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Very Serious Dibber

We went many years ago to Whinfell. I had a reason to complain, the hob was on a very slight slant which meant the first mornings bacon slid off with the pan onto the floor! The loss of the bacon wasn't the issue for me it was the health and safety for people with smaller children. Housekeeping came round replace the huge frying pan with 2 smaller ones. Gave us a box of luxury style chocolates and a bottle of red and a bottle of white wines. Which at the time I thought was sufficient. So in my experience they were fair and speedy sorting my complaint
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

They have they have an annual occupancy rate exceeding 97 percent across their five parks - don't know how it will go with the Irish one...

poor customer service does not seem to be harming their occupancy rate one bit.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone for replies. Had another call last night with an increased offer of £100 for disappointment due to lodge smell. £25 voucher to spend on park as compensation for cold restaurant and a free aerial activity for kids on our next visit.

I've accepted it so got vouchers to spend on tonight's tea and money going back on my card in a few days.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

We were at Whinfell last month. There were several paths closed so access was a bit hit and miss. One afternoon a digger severed a power cable and we were without power for six hours.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

On an xmas break to Sherwood a few years ago when we tried to use the dishwasher it was blocked and flooded so reported it to them and they sent someone out to fix it. The next day same issue but couldn't be bothered with the hassle so just washed everything up for the remainder of the break. On handing the keys in I mentioned it to the women in customer services who berated me and said I should have reported it again and they could have just swapped out the dishwasher as it was only a two minute job. I responded by telling her that if it was a two minute job how come they didn't get it right the first time and should I really waste my holiday time chasing up something that should have been sorted. I asked that someone higher up than her could give me a call. Within 20 minutes I got a call apologising for what they called miscommunication and a £70 voucher we were going to Elevden for another break so used the voucher there.
Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List