Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 14 Nov 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
kenzzi
Excited about Disney

Best Character meal

We have never had a character meal in DlP i know everyone's views are different but what would you say are the best ones, looking to book at least one but as there are 5 adults and 1 child its going to be costly.

Its my youngest daughters first time here so want to make the right choice.

Just wanted to get an idea of what ones to look at/ go for.
kenzzi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

I really like the lunch/dinner at Inventions but it's very expensive and unfortunately the character interaction you get can largely differ based on where you get sat.

I think our favourite character meal is actually now character breakfast in Plaza Gardens - it's the most reasonable costing meal and you'll meet 6 characters whilst enjoying a delicious buffet breakfast.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Princess dinner at ADC is superb. Don’t go there for the food though.

Inventions, I agree with what HP said. One time we went we was sat in the big circle room and the interaction felt rushed and cheap. Last time we went we was sat in the smaller room that is near where you first walk in and it was amazing. Highly recommend it. We saw Mickey, Minnie, Gepetto, Pinocchio, Ey-Orr, Goofy, Tigger. DLH has a lovely feel to it and you can get some great photos in there.

Main tip is to know how many characters tend to be at each place and hang around or make sure the waiters know you are waiting for others. ADC you want to get four princesses plus the mice, whereas Inventions you want to be seeing at least six characters.

Edited at 10:12 PM.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We really enjoyed the breakfast at plaza gardens. We were the second seating so did a couple of rides first. Good variety of food, not rushed at all and the characters were great.
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I would recommend Inventions, both for the food and the character interaction. My top tip as others have said is to ask NOT to be seated in the large octagonal room, even if you have to wait for a table elsewhere it is worth it. We always try to go ahead of the booking time and talk to the CM at the restaurant checkin to let them know of our request in advance. It has never been an issue for us - I just explain that my daughter finds the large room too noisy.

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

Plaza gardens is a reasonable breakfast and not rushed. Auberge is the opposite of inventions;auberge isnt as good in the side room booth whereas inventions better in side room.

Food is good in inventions, auberge is hit and miss, depends on taste.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

Oh gosh, I'm totally against the grain here. Our experience at Plaza Gardens breakfast was so rushed, the characters wouldn't even wait for DS to stand up for a picture. We do a lot of character dining and it was the only time I've ever felt shortchanged. Perhaps we caught them on a weird day then.

If cost and time are not problems, then Sunday brunch at Inventions is very special indeed. But not good if you're wanting to be in the park as much of Sunday as possible. But other meals at Inventions are lovely too.
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List