Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 27 Nov 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Help! DVC Website being annoying

Hiya,

I've been trying to book a BW 2-bed standard view every day this week for 11 months time. Im always online before 1pm and click book at bang on 1 o clock.

It then gives me this message:

"This reservation can't be completed because the requested dates are outside of your booking window for this Resort.
Please select a reservation date on or after Mar 27, 2020, or use Vacation Points from another Home Resort contract to book this reservation."

This is different to the message I get if I accidentally try to press book before 1pm so its not that.

By the time I close this and 'refresh results' the standard views for that day are now all gone.

I have two contracts under one membership number, one of which is Boardwalk and I have plenty of home resort BW points to cover this. I don't get the same message if I try to book a Garden View, it goes through fine for that but I really would rather have a standard for obvious reasons - being able to book standard views at 11 months during F & W is pretty much the whole reason we bought BW points!

I'm guessing people will just tell me to call MS which I will do when they open. I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced similar and has any answers for me as it is so, so frustrating.

Edited at 02:08 PM.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

MMmm I've booked ours recently and all was ok. I have got that message before but it was because I was a day too early. It probably does need a call to MS to sort out.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

Hi, I had this same problem also, in the end after my last day to stay I was able to get the standard view 2 bed, after someone who was walking it dropped it off presumably. I tried in the evening and got the nights I wanted, but I was only after between 3 and 5 nights and ended up getting 5 nights together. I never did find out why I got that error message though, so not much help I'm afraid.

I wondered if I was just a few seconds too fast after 1pm? I have also booked a studio and came across this error message and then one day it worked.

Originally Posted by LadyDebs86 View Post
Hiya,

I've been trying to book a BW 2-bed standard view every day this week for 11 months time. Im always online before 1pm and click book at bang on 1 o clock.

It then gives me this message:

"This reservation can't be completed because the requested dates are outside of your booking window for this Resort.
Please select a reservation date on or after Mar 27, 2020, or use Vacation Points from another Home Resort contract to book this reservation."

This is different to the message I get if I accidentally try to press book before 1pm so its not that.

By the time I close this and 'refresh results' the standard views for that day are now all gone.

I have two contracts under one membership number, one of which is Boardwalk and I have plenty of home resort BW points to cover this. I don't get the same message if I try to book a Garden View, it goes through fine for that but I really would rather have a standard for obvious reasons - being able to book standard views at 11 months during F & W is pretty much the whole reason we bought BW points!

I'm guessing people will just tell me to call MS which I will do when they open. I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced similar and has any answers for me as it is so, so frustrating.
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

I called and they sadly couldnt help me as, because the nights are now not available, we couldnt walk through and recreate what was happening. If I try booking another available night a few days earlier I have no issues at all.

Ah well, I think I'll just have to book a garden view and set up a Waitlist for a standard. You'd think if I'm putting the request in straight away I'd pretty much be the first in line.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsBrown View Post
Hi, I had this same problem also, in the end after my last day to stay I was able to get the standard view 2 bed, after someone who was walking it dropped it off presumably. I tried in the evening and got the nights I wanted, but I was only after between 3 and 5 nights and ended up getting 5 nights together. I never did find out why I got that error message though, so not much help I'm afraid.

I wondered if I was just a few seconds too fast after 1pm? I have also booked a studio and came across this error message and then one day it worked.
That might be it, I might try again tomorrow and hold on for a few seconds!
Old 27 Nov 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I have been booking VGC the last few days, no problems here. This only appears before 1pm for me. Bang on 1pm it works and goes through.
Another possibility is that someone is maybe grabbing it first, so the system does not have that first day by the time it processes your request, and thus it thinks you are trying to book from the day after, outside your window. Pure speculation on my part.
Old 27 Nov 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I have been booking VGC the last few days, no problems here. This only appears before 1pm for me. Bang on 1pm it works and goes through.
Another possibility is that someone is maybe grabbing it first, so the system does not have that first day by the time it processes your request, and thus it thinks you are trying to book from the day after, outside your window. Pure speculation on my part.
Yeah that’s a thought. Could be that. Yeesh stupid technology.
Old 27 Nov 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like walkers are blocking the first day for you maybe?
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

I booked an alternative and waitlisted, but I found it available before waitlist came through.

QUOTE=LadyDebs86;14186958]That might be it, I might try again tomorrow and hold on for a few seconds![/QUOTE]
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Tried again today, had the same issue again so I think I'm going to give up and stop stressing about it

Yesterday has now become available so it's clearly people walking to try and get the race weekend.

I hoped that with it being Thanksgiving I might get lucky today because all the Americans would be distracted

Edited at 06:22 PM.