Notices

Old 22 Oct 17, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Hello hello!
Thought I would post a little update as we are now into the 30s on our countdown! EEEEKKKK!

I'm feeling oddly calm about attempting a transatlantic flight, and theme park holiday with an 17 month old next month

We went to Spain in September with my family for a week, so although on a much smaller scale, it feels like we have had a little test run of going through the airport (mainly security that was a pain in the backside) and Lottie's got her first flight under her belt.

Has passport, will travel

She did so well. It was a very early morning flight (5.25am ) so I was hopeful she would have a sleep for at least some of it. Thankfully I was right, I gave her milk as we were taxi-ing, she was asleep before take off and woke up 20 mins before landing and was standing on my lap waving and grinning at everyone around us.

Wonder who she takes after?

It did make me super glad we booked a seat for her on the flight to Florida though as it was not very comfortable being pinned under her for over 2 hours!

I’ve been gathering some things to take with us for on the plane – books/stickers/flash cards etc. I want to try and give her something new each hour to keep her occupied! Also lots of snacks, as food is very much the way to her heart (not that you’d know it to look at her, she’s a little titch!)

Some of the things I've picked up so far

My Mum got a brilliant deal on a little Kindle fire from Amazon for £35 so Martin has been loading some stuff onto there for her. Mainly in case of in flight entertainment failure, but mainly she will be so teeny in her seat I feel like the screen will be really far away from her! Also, despite our best efforts she will not keep headphones on. Sigh.

So, I’ve been working through my list of purchases that I want to get before we go. One of the things I really wanted to get was the snack tray for her holiday stroller (baby jogger city lite). Annoyingly, you can only buy this in an “accessory set” which includes a rain cover (which we already have) and a “parent console” – we have a Skip Hop one that we use so didn’t really need this either! Oh well. The snack tray looks like it will be really useful so it’s worth it I suppose. Incidentally the baby jogger was great on our holiday in Spain. So easy to fold quickly at the gate, the massive sun hood kept her cool and shady and she slept great in it.

I have ordered a liner to go in it, for warmth at home in the winter but also so it’s a bit comfier for her in Florida. It's such a good little stroller we probably use it more than her actual pram now.

I have been on the lookout for a new bag to use as hand luggage on the flight. I took her normal changing bag on the flight to Spain and it just wasn't big enough, and obviously we will need something bigger for all that time! I recently read a trippie where someone said they had a changing bag backpack as their park bag and it was a lifesaver. I looked in Mothercare and they were pretty pricey. So I had a little look on Amazon and found loads for a much more reasonable price. I ordered this one...

Think it was only about £25 and it's a really good size. Loads of pockets, some insulated and a waterproof one. A side pocket with a zip down the middle that you can put tissues and wipes in. Can't tell you how excited I am about this pocket - Mums of babies/toddlers I feel you'll understand

I don't know if we will use it in the parks too, will see how we get on while we're out there I suppose!

We had a little trip to CBeebies Land at Alton Towers after Spain too. We all enjoyed it, especially meeting Duggee
Lottie still isn't showing signs of being scared of characters so hope that continues!

Hugging Upsy Daisy

Trying to kiss Iggle Piggle

We have made some alterations to our ADRs since my last update. I heard that Chef Mickey’s is being renovated so while we’re there it is being relocated to the convention centre at the Contemporary. We decided we’d sooner do this meal another time when it’s back in it’s real home. So I have cancelled that and booked ‘Minnie’s Beach Bash’ at Beach Club instead, for the same day and time. I have also cancelled ‘Ohana breakfast as we were struggling to find time for Martin to go and play a round of golf (he doesn’t ask for much, bless him!) so now he’s going to go and play golf while me and Lottie have a lazy morning and explore the resort. Then when he comes back I’ve booked lunch at Sanaa over at Kidani Village, which I’m glad about as we really want to try the bread service. Then we are going to have a little look at some of the Christmas decs in the Grand Flo before going to……

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!

Yay! I’m so excited for this! I got pretty cheap tickets from FloridaTix. They’ve already been delivered and I’ve linked them to our MDE. Think they were £56 each (and Lottie doesn’t need a ticket) compared to $95 each on the official Disney website! I don’t actually know an awful lot about this event, so must do a little bit of research.

Fastpass bookings all went very smoothly – not very surprising when the most thrilling attraction you’re booking for is Frozen Ever After! Haha. We did manage to get them for Flight of Passage too so I’m glad about that as I’ve heard such amazing things about it, but would absolutely not wait in the crazy queues! Other than that (Oh and Soarin’ as we haven’t been on the new version yet) I’ve booked stuff that all 3 of us can do.

Purchase wise, I read on another trippie about a lady called “Fairytale Personal Shopper” based in Orlando, who will store packages for you and also shop and deliver groceries to your resort. She only charges $15 for this service, compared to Garden Grocer who charge $14 just to deliver the groceries. I’ve ordered a few bits to be delivered to her already – and she has also picked up some of the Epcot 35 merch from the park for me. I basically wanted it all but just asked her to get a couple of the things I really wanted just in case stock ran out by the time we get there! Unfortunately it seems as if Disney are now charging $5 per package stored/collected. However Beth said she will combine things where possible or try and deliver the day of arrival in person to save the fees! I think she will easily be able to fit our things into 1 package as it’s mainly T shirts, mugs and bits like that, none of which I mind her opening up and repackaging.

I’ve sent her a small grocery list. It’s just things like milk, cereal, nappies, fruit, waters. Just so we have some room supplies and can head to Publix for more stuff at our leisure!

On the subject of shopping I’ve ordered these shoes for Lottie – wish they made them in my size!

How cute!

Also this personalised autograph/scrap book from Etsy.

And a few Sharpies...

Oh we have also booked the night before we fly at the Premier Inn at Manchester airport. Couldn't do this until I knew our dog/house sitter could do the extra night but that's all sorted now so we booked. I do like to start our holiday as early as possible In an ideal world we'd be at the Radisson blu which is so convenient for T2, bit it was something like £169 for 1 night which I just couldn't justify. Think the PI was approx £50. Cheap and cheerful (hopefully!)

And I think that’s me done and updated! I probably won’t have chance to update again so see you on the other side - Wish us luck!

Edited at 10:12 AM.
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 17, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Eeeeeek great update... I can't believe it's so soon to you going now, that really has come around so quickly!

It looks like you are so prepared, loving all the bits you have been collecting for Lottie for on the flight, she is going to have a great journey over that's for sure! And those shoes... too cute for words!

I am so excited to follow your trip, TRs to WDW with little ones are now unsurprisingly very much of interest... I just need to convince Paul that we need to get back out there sooner rather than later with baby!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 17, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Eeeeeek great update... I can't believe it's so soon to you going now, that really has come around so quickly!

It looks like you are so prepared, loving all the bits you have been collecting for Lottie for on the flight, she is going to have a great journey over that's for sure! And those shoes... too cute for words!

I am so excited to follow your trip, TRs to WDW with little ones are now unsurprisingly very much of interest... I just need to convince Paul that we need to get back out there sooner rather than later with baby!
Haha don't worry Lisa I'm going to do my absolute best to help you convince him!
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 17, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vics18 View Post
Haha don't worry Lisa I'm going to do my absolute best to help you convince him!
That’s what I like to hear! He is saying 2021 for the 50th birthday celebrations... There is no way I’m waiting that long to go back!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
That’s what I like to hear! He is saying 2021 for the 50th birthday celebrations... There is no way I’m waiting that long to go back!
Pfft what a silly man
I think you should aim for early 2019!
Old 23 Oct 17, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Aahhhh, fab update!

The bread service at Sanaa is out of this world - you will not be disappointed!

Hope you have the most amazing time!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 17, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Aahhhh, fab update!

The bread service at Sanaa is out of this world - you will not be disappointed!

Hope you have the most amazing time!
Thanks so much! We are definitley looking forward to all the food
Old 31 Oct 17, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

Ahhh exciting update, not long now!
The new changing backpack looks fab. I’m a bit obsessed with changing bags haha, haven’t tried a back pack one yet though!
LOVE Lottie’s shoes . I’m excited to see all her Disney outfits xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 17, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
Ahhh exciting update, not long now!
The new changing backpack looks fab. I’m a bit obsessed with changing bags haha, haven’t tried a back pack one yet though!
LOVE Lottie’s shoes . I’m excited to see all her Disney outfits xx
I know - can now officially say we go this month!

Haha know what you mean. Haven't tried it out yet, but love all the pockets meaning we can fit loads in, but in an organised way - can't bear rooting round for something for 10 mins. And having hands free at the airports can only be a good thing

I suddenly realised at the weekend that I haven't got many clothes to take at all! As I know you will do with Libby, I buy so much for Lottie but don't really think about myself as much anymore. So she will be looking amazing, me and Martin will look like nobody owns us

xx
Old 1 Nov 17, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vics18 View Post
I know - can now officially say we go this month!

Haha know what you mean. Haven't tried it out yet, but love all the pockets meaning we can fit loads in, but in an organised way - can't bear rooting round for something for 10 mins. And having hands free at the airports can only be a good thing

I suddenly realised at the weekend that I haven't got many clothes to take at all! As I know you will do with Libby, I buy so much for Lottie but don't really think about myself as much anymore. So she will be looking amazing, me and Martin will look like nobody owns us

xx
Haha yep I hear you, they have new outfits every week & I live in the same rotation of 4/5 tops for months haha! xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List