Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jun 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Am I going to regret this?

Booked for next November and star wars is due to be completed next fall.

It’s going to be heaving right? Is it going to cause problems across all parks? I’m not a crowd fan 🙈

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

your right it probably will be rediculously busy, but if I could afford to go next year I would too!

We are planning for 2020 and thinking of ways to avoid the worst of the crowds.

I think Star Wars is at the moment an unknown factor, people can speculate but know one knows for sure how it will affect the parks.

At the moment we are planning to stay on site for the first time ever for a few days to take advantage of emh and earlier fp booking.

I personally would be happy to give Star Wars a wide berth but dh and my boys would disown me.

Good luck. May the force be with you
davdawnbro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Depending when you're going in November Star Wars might not even be open so I wouldn't panic just yet. Late fall is the current vague date given

Having said that we're going to avoid going for a few years as it's going to be insane
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by davdawnbro View Post

We are planning for 2020 and thinking of ways to avoid the worst of the crowds.

I think Star Wars is at the moment an unknown factor, people can speculate but know one knows for sure how it will affect the parks.
If you find a way to beat the crowds please share it

I think we all know that Star Wars will bring insane crowds we have found over te last couple of years it has been busier, we stayed on site last year and loved it but even the EMH seemed as busy as the normal opening two years before.

The one thing don’t think we are sure about is how it will affect Magic Kingdom I assume many of the Star Wars fans e older and may not be interested in MK and it may be that as prices go up and offered are less that fewer families go so the kiddy rides are less busy.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

HS will be madness - we are due to go on 30 Nov 2019 and we don’t handle crowds well at all. I was hoping to would open in maybe Sept so early madness would have burned off but appears no way that will happen.

I don’t see it impacting too bad on the other parks though - not awfully so. In any case FP+ will help get on the main stuff and if we need to stay away for longer then we will do.

I am however expecting HS chaos, MK limited impact, bigger impact on AK due to Pandora and limited Epcot (due to its size).

Maybe I am being too optimistic but I’d rather be going than not at all!
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

HS will be insane I think we all agre in that but say Star Wars brings an additional 25% of people I assume many will have hopper passes and it will affect at least the more grown up rides in other parks and the overall footfall
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Arghhhh, my boy loves Star Wars. Original plan was 2021 then we decided that it was too far away so booked on a whim. I’m not a Star Wars fan so I Didn’t really think about the opening until I saw it posted about a couple of days ago

Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by davdawnbro View Post
Technically you’re correct. It hasn’t happened yet so it’s unknown. With humour though in every other sense this is so wildly inaccurate as a guess IMO. Star Wars is going to = mayhem. Yes particularly at DHS but all those fanatics are going to want to go everywhere else as well. If you’re hoping for anything other than meltdown good luck. Just look at all the hotel building developments. Disney are building and planning DVC rooms faster than guests can calculate their points. The irony is. The bigger it gets. The more unaffordable it becomes. The bubble will inevitably burst at some point. But Star Wars Land is not that point. IMO anyway.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

I think this is why we snapped up the chance to go again so soon. I have a feeling we’re going to be priced out pretty soon😢

Old 3 Jun 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Disney ticket prices will be from a galaxy far far away as well when it opens...they’re going to push it to the limits and it’ll be an elitist park soon

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List