Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Dec 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Danex View Post
😂😂

Sounds like you’re speaking from experience there!
My nine year old daughter reminds at every opportunity...

*before anyone loses their mind again, my sober wife was in the pool as well
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DDD View Post
We love the beach club. We’ve been going for a few years now with our last visit this July.

Housekeeping was excellent and the room we had spotless. One day they didn’t replenish toiletries but was sorted after a quick call to reception. I’ve never had an issue, I’m not saying some folks haven’t but if you think of the thousands and thousands of people staying I’m sure in % terms it’s a very small amount.
Communal areas were clean. The only thing I would say was a bit of a pain was queues for soda machines first thing in morning and evening. (However this is because there’s so much choice and people were slow in deciding if they wanted cherry or lime flavouring with their Coke Zero or Diet Coke!

The hotel is in a fabulous location, it’s an easy and enjoyable walk back from Hollywood studios at night if the boat is busy.

Keep looking forward to it...it’s fabulous!
The issue I had with the soda machines is that there were only 2 machines and one of them broke down a few times. Also because there were so few machines for so many people it often didn't have a lot of what should have been in it, it kept running out of stuff.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
The issue I had with the soda machines is that there were only 2 machines and one of them broke down a few times. Also because there were so few machines for so many people it often didn't have a lot of what should have been in it, it kept running out of stuff.
I think how you use the resorts makes a difference.

Our family are always up early and back late. Wanting to be at the park for rope drop and not wanting to be back at the resort until later in the day. This means we sensibly avoided the most busy times around the marketplace so most the time when I wanted a drink it was before the mad rush that comes later in the day.

Most the times I wanted a drink there was at worse two or three people ahead of me.

Its always amazed me how many people are still around the resorts having breakfast at 9am

Most the other resorts wouldn’t have any more freestyle machines on offer and aren’t I right in thinking its only the deluxe and some moderates that have them full stop. Also there is tea and coffee machines available and other juices (from memory).

Something else to point out about freestyle machines. They don’t always have all the options. The ones at the Beachclub don’t have the full array of possible drinks ever. None of the resorts do. I have actually only ever been to a few places that had freestyle machines that stocked pretty much every possible drink combination they can hold. Never had a problem finding something I wanted.

Edited at 09:13 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited83
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We stayed at the Beach Club for 13 nights this June/July in two rooms. We absolutely loved it.

It was our second onsite stay (first time at OKW) so we’re certainly no experts but we thought it was great. Especially the location with a 12 month old in a buggy and two other kids - being able to walk to two parks was fantastic.

I can see what some of the other posters are saying is true - the buses were awful, there were often queues at the quick service, the quick service food selection was pretty poor, housekeeping wasn’t fantastic (my husband and I shared one tiny shower gel for about 10 days), we didn’t see much ‘Disney Magic’ except for one manager who gifted my eldest a gorgeous Stitch pin on the day he started his collection. I’m sure I could think of more negatives if I tried but overall, it was a wonderful holiday and I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again. Unfortunately my 8 year old has his heart set on the Polynesian so we’d better get saving!
Excited83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Jokeybhoy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We stayed at the Yacht in 2017.It was great.I think the rooms had just been renovated.we were in room 2047 I think.Surely it's not went downhill in 2 years.We have booked for next year as well.
Jokeybhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

I’ve always wanted to stay at the BC. Sure you’ll have an amazing time! My friend stayed last year and loved it. I’m not sure what room she was in but had a half balcony over looking the quiet pool.
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

We’ve stayed a few times in the villas, latest last year in September in a two bed. Our villa was perfect, no issues with the villa or housekeeping. The location is the best for us...walkable to two parks. I never found the refillable machines broken, too much choice to be honest.
Old 22 Dec 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed at the Beach Club in 2015 and for us the best things about the resort was the room size, location and Stormalong Bay. Before we went, I had hyped it up in my head so much and was therefore disappointed when I wasn’t blown away. We also stayed at the Contemporary this year and came away with similar thoughts. None of them were spotless from a cleanliness perspective and we experience a broken fridge in one and a broken safe in the other. I just think that that Disney Deluxes aren’t really what I would class as proper luxury accommodation - at best they are good 3-4 star elsewhere, you are just paying through the nose because of the brand and convenience. Granted I’ve only stayed at 2 deluxe hotels so I may be being unfair.

OP, I’m sure you will have a lovely time regardless, best advice I can give you is to tone down your expectations to manage any disappointment. If something isn’t right, get it fixed and don’t let it ruin your holiday.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m just in a 1 bed DVC now. I can’t comment on the cash side, but the DVC room is pretty immaculate. Hotel is very nice. Toss up between this and Boardwalk as to our favourite, my wife just prefers Boardwalk, more atmosphere. I think the two are about equal.
Old 22 Dec 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Stayed in Yacht in August - no complaints- we had an amazing time