Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Dec 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I use a token and always tell anyone wanting to buy my trolley! I gave a pound coon to a woman struggling with her baby recently, she didn’t have a pound, so I gave her one. I didn’t expect to get it back, and didn’t much care. I helped her and hopefully she will pass that deed on. Win win!
Many years ago on the tube to work, two black women where slagging me off next to me, calling me nasty racist names, which I ignored. One of them got off the train and I kicked her hard in the leg. Doors closed before she could hit me back! The remaining women looked very sheepish! And we continued the journey in peace!
Old 7 Dec 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

On our way home from Tenerife a lady was there in the queue with her two children, the little girl dropped her coat and shouted at her mum, mum, the coat is on the floor as they had a bag and the mother was on the phone, I picked the coat up and tried to hand it to the mother, she just stood there and talked to her daughter saying, get your things together, its going to be a long flight and I must have stood there for about 2 minutes without them taking the coat or a thank you.
I wished I would have just dropped it, or just left it there. They were then in the wrong queue and were laughing whilst they held everyone up.

A thank you costs nothing and if you don't expect one when you have helped someone, it shows everything.
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Leggibone View Post
You know what, disabled and parent and child parking is a real bone of contention for me as of late. A while back I took a friend to the cinema, she walked with crutches wasn’t really able to get out of the car if I parked up next to another car, and it wasn’t fair to make her walk miles form the other end of the car park, so I thought we can use a disabled space to let her out, then I’ll go park up the miles away from the door (it was a busy evening) lo and behold, not a space available! I did find a safe place to let her out, but when I walked passed all of the disabled spaces, only 1 out of maybe 12 cars had a blue badge displayed!
I also used to frequent Gatwick tesco late at night (it’s convenient on the way back from the cinema!) there are loads of regular spaces nice and close to the doors, however everyone insists on using the parent and child/disabled spaces! Winds me right up!
And when I’m out with my friend and her 9 month old, we always see at least 1 childless person occupying a parent and child space! Like if you want karma to bite back and have a struggling parent dink your door whilst getting a car seat out the car...

Sorry long rant!
I thought it was just me thinking that with the Gatwick Tesco. They had a security guard out there writing down number plates of the Addison Lee cars that always use those spaces (and sometimes don't bother getting out of the cars) but I haven't seen them for the last few weeks. We are there fairly early in the morning so rarely struggle to get one of the spaces, I hate to think what it would be like midday on Sat.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Last night I went out my way to be kind and not one thanks did I get for it. Found that really rude. Still says everything about them.

Sorry just needed to vent.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Last night I went out my way to be kind and not one thanks did I get for it. Found that really rude. Still says everything about them.

Sorry just needed to vent.
But were you kind because you wanted thanks for it or because you felt being kind was the right thing to do? If I do something kind I don't expect thanks for it. I just do it.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
BlueMacaw
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

After a few years working in customer service I have just totally lost my faith in humanity. Don’t get me wrong, some people can be lovely, but there are so many vile nasty people that seem to take pleasure from screaming at me like I’m a piece of dirt they’ve stepped in it’s untrue. I get such bad anxiety now about going to work, I’m desperate for a job that isn’t customer facing but I’m struggling!

I feel a lot of people are very self centred and don’t see anything other than themselves and what they want. I hate going shopping now when it is busy because it just plays on my anxiety.
BlueMacaw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
But were you kind because you wanted thanks for it or because you felt being kind was the right thing to do? If I do something kind I don't expect thanks for it. I just do it.
It's not about wanting to be thanked it's about basic manners . It takes less than a second to say thank you or even smile.

I am not kind to others or do a good deed because I want thanks for it, I do it because I was brought up to be kind, courteous and to just try and be a nice person. If someone can not say thank you then for me, it's purely bad manners.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
It's not about wanting to be thanked it's about basic manners . It takes less than a second to say thank you or even smile.

I am not kind to others or do a good deed because I want thanks for it, I do it because I was brought up to be kind, courteous and to just try and be a nice person. If someone can not say thank you then for me, it's purely bad manners.
Well said. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
And I suspect you’d be the first to say how rude/ ungrateful someone was.

If someone is kind to me I say thank you. The thread is not about altruism it’s about manners and common courtesy. Sadly that’s lacking in many places these days
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

I hate it when people say sorry instead of excuse me. Of Sorry, but carry on dojng what they're doing.
Anyone who says sorry to me when wanting past instead if excuse me I look at them and say why what have you done? Some have said what do you mean and my reply is well you've apologied to me but you haven't done anything. They look lost, so I usually say I think you mean excuse me.

And I dont think the older generation is worse for it. If anything I think they're just doing what everyone else does now as they've accepted theres no manners at all now days. My generation (I'm in my 30s) are bad and the young generation are worse. I work in a school and I dread this world in a few years, the way the young generation are these days.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List