Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 26 Dec 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Merry Christmas everyone! Some lovely food photos as usual 🙂 I cooked a mini feast for the two of us... Chicken with garlic and rosemary, roast potatoes, pigs in blankets, Yorkshire puddings, sprouts fried with bacon, stuffing, brocolli and carrots. Was all delicious if I do say so myself.

I also got this present from my mum in the post:

So I had an amazing mint hot chocolate and I never need to go out to a coffee shop again!

Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
It all looks lovely Abby. I didn’t manage to take photos of our actual dinner as we had my parents and sister round and they would have thought I was a complete weirdo taking photos I did take one of the desserts.
We had this Bucks Fizz from M&S in the morning and it was lovely. I would recommend this one

Ooh the puddings look delicious. I hope you had a lovely day.

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
I’m loving all these pics

We cooked and ate way too much.
Breakfast is always pastries, fruit, granola and yoghurt and dinner is in the evening.
No dessert!
I’m ashamed to post my plate 😬
The trouble is nobody wants to lose any of the accompaniments so we end up never cutting back even though it is discussed!

I did not clear my plate!

Also, our turkey was ridiculously big! OH insists on a big one every year for the curries, pies and sandwiches.
This however takes the biscuit! The farm gave us the top end of the weight bracket 😆
It spent the night in brine and was absolutely delicious. My sister bought hers from the same place this year and is a convert.

That is a huge Turkey. You're going to be able time have loads of lovely leftover meals.

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
No complaints from anyone this year, because they wouldn’t dare
It looks fantastic.

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Merry Christmas everyone! Some lovely food photos as usual 🙂 I cooked a mini feast for the two of us... Chicken with garlic and rosemary, roast potatoes, pigs in blankets, Yorkshire puddings, sprouts fried with bacon, stuffing, brocolli and carrots. Was all delicious if I do say so myself.

I also got this present from my mum in the post:

So I had an amazing mint hot chocolate and I never need to go out to a coffee shop again!

Wow, mint hot chocolate sounds great, what a fab present.

I'm loving all these photos of the Christmas dinners they all look delicious.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

We had our usual cheese and port for Christmas Eve
Again, OH always gets too much!
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I've just made a cake! A chocolate bundt don't really need it but I wanted to make something with my new handmixer DH got me..♥

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Everyone’s meals look amazing so far. I hope the Christmas celebrations are going as well as they can for all

Our Christmas lunch was delicious this year, everything seemed to cook well. The turkey was tender, sprouts cooked perfectly and the homemade sausage meat stuffing was amazing. The photo doesn’t do it justice, as I’ve hidden the turkey with the vegetables 😂

We ate so much lunch we only had a sandwich for tea and failed to manage dessert

Today was our traditional Boxing Day lunch of cold turkey and ham with chips, pickles and sauces. This was also really tasty.

Hoping to eat some dessert in an hour or so, then cheese, meats and dips for tea
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Belated merry Christmas all!

Do you think we had enough bacon on our meal?! 😆

Eating it cold today was just as delicious. We did potato skins after inspiration from Abby earlier in the thread

A sofa nap is calling my name now!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Sprouts always look so good ♥

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Strawberry Shortcake cheesecake - essentially a red velvet cake and a New York cheesecake layered together with cream cheese frosting and strawberry crumb on it.

Other bakes

Old 26 Dec 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
We had our usual cheese and port for Christmas Eve
Again, OH always gets too much!
This looks spectacular, I love a cheese and charcuterie board.

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
I've just made a cake! A chocolate bundt don't really need it but I wanted to make something with my new handmixer DH got me..♥

I'm such a sucker for Bundt cakes, yours looks lovely, great idea with the icing. I'm always after new ways to ice things that don't look to fiddly and your icing looks great but also looks like I could copy it.

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Everyone’s meals look amazing so far. I hope the Christmas celebrations are going as well as they can for all

Our Christmas lunch was delicious this year, everything seemed to cook well. The turkey was tender, sprouts cooked perfectly and the homemade sausage meat stuffing was amazing. The photo doesn’t do it justice, as I’ve hidden the turkey with the vegetables 😂

We ate so much lunch we only had a sandwich for tea and failed to manage dessert

Today was our traditional Boxing Day lunch of cold turkey and ham with chips, pickles and sauces. This was also really tasty.

Hoping to eat some dessert in an hour or so, then cheese, meats and dips for tea
Boxing day cold meats and chips with pickles is my dad's favourite of the Christmas meals, I'm going to get going on ours soon.

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Belated merry Christmas all!

Do you think we had enough bacon on our meal?! 😆

Eating it cold today was just as delicious. We did potato skins after inspiration from Abby earlier in the thread

A sofa nap is calling my name now!
Never enough bacon it all looks delicious.

Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Strawberry Shortcake cheesecake - essentially a red velvet cake and a New York cheesecake layered together with cream cheese frosting and strawberry crumb on it.

Other bakes

Wow, so cute the little reindeer are perfect, I love them. I don't think I'd have the patience to make them though.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Boxing day brunch

I started the day with a mince pie and a cup of tea.

This brunch was another of Colettes ideas which was fab, so delicious.

Smoked salmon pancake stack

There were slices of avocado, a dill, lemon and creme fraiche dressing with the salmon and pancakes.

Max just had normal pancakes!

Time to get moving on the cold meat...This food won't eat itself!