Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 1 Jan 21, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

You’ve all made Mark’s day with the compliments! If it were down to me, we’d definitely be having a beige spread...and sometimes that’s just perfect too!
Looks like you all saw in the new year in style - we played online board games with my family which was lovely.

Today was the last indulgent meal before it’s time to get back to reality. The porchetta roast was fabulous. I didn’t know what it was, so in case you’re like me, it’s rolled pork belly.

Now I’m finishing off the After Eights and watching Soul.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Happy new year everyone. I’ve not been a very good contributor to this thread I’m afraid. We had a NYE buffet sponsored by M&S - my favourite was the mini pies. We did an online escape room which was good but only lasted about 35 minutes and then played some board games.

There’s some lovely meals on here that put my efforts to shame! I have decided I am going to cook two different teas each month as I find we often end up having the same meals on rotation - usually things that are quick and easy - so I’m hoping to find some new ones to add to our favourites.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Fabulous food ! I have enjoyed reading this and took plenty of notes for ideas for when we finally stop sneaking food away from mason 😬
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I made some! Need a bit more ginger tbh, but they are ok.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
You’ve all made Mark’s day with the compliments! If it were down to me, we’d definitely be having a beige spread...and sometimes that’s just perfect too!
Looks like you all saw in the new year in style - we played online board games with my family which was lovely.

Today was the last indulgent meal before it’s time to get back to reality. The porchetta roast was fabulous. I didn’t know what it was, so in case you’re like me, it’s rolled pork belly.

Now I’m finishing off the After Eights and watching Soul.
That looks delicious! I know what you mean though we need to get back to normal food now too.

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Happy new year everyone. I’ve not been a very good contributor to this thread I’m afraid. We had a NYE buffet sponsored by M&S - my favourite was the mini pies. We did an online escape room which was good but only lasted about 35 minutes and then played some board games.

There’s some lovely meals on here that put my efforts to shame! I have decided I am going to cook two different teas each month as I find we often end up having the same meals on rotation - usually things that are quick and easy - so I’m hoping to find some new ones to add to our favourites.
The escape room sounds like a good idea. I'm also going to try out some new meals every month, we also fall into the trap of eating the same things over and over on rotation.

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Fabulous food ! I have enjoyed reading this and took plenty of notes for ideas for when we finally stop sneaking food away from mason 😬
I'm glad you enjoyed it

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
I made some! Need a bit more ginger tbh, but they are ok.

Oh they look so cute. Brilliant decorating with the icing.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Chocolate Orange Tart Recipe

Hopefully you can read it easily enough by zooming in, if not I will write out the recipe

X

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Tonight we had cookie ice cream sandwiches. I used Salted Caramel and dark chocolate cookie dough that I spotted in the fridge at M&S. Warm straight from the oven sandwiched between Ben and Jerry’s Sofa so good together ice cream, they were amazing 😋

mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Chocolate Orange Tart Recipe

Hopefully you can read it easily enough by zooming in, if not I will write out the recipe

X
Thank you Abby I can see it perfectly! I may cheat and buy a tart case or use a pre rolled sheet of Jus Rol 😂. It’s the filling that counts surely

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Tonight we had cookie ice cream sandwiches. I used Salted Caramel and dark chocolate cookie dough that I spotted in the fridge at M&S. Warm straight from the oven sandwiched between Ben and Jerry’s Sofa so good together ice cream, they were amazing 😋

I hate that my diet started today, these look amazing!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

So with today being the start of a new year I decided to kickstart the diet, I’ve put on nearly a stone and my jeans don’t fit so need to do something about it! I made a huge pan of vegetable soup which I’ll be living off for the next few days.

I have to purée it as I’m a big child and don’t like lumps 😂

IG - alicialanesmith

Edited at 11:53 PM.