Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 7 Aug 21, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I have followed every day, some great photos and looks like you have all had a great time, you are brave all in one car with two dogs for that distance and time !
Many places were on our route last year which had to be slightly cut short ( we missed the Kelpies ) as lockdown rules changed.
We also stayed at the Layerthorpe Travelodge and had Yorkshire wraps delivered by Deliveroo.
If you like Cathedrals our is very nice inside with some lovely stained glass and we aren’t too far from you for a day out ( Hereford) I would also recommend a trip up to Elan Valley as the drone shots would be fantastic.
Have a smooth, safe journey home …and I definitely would have bought the bunny doorstop from earlier in the trip 😀
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I’m having a giggle to myself about the stink of Jorvik, the moment I see the word the smell seems to waft into my memory-school trip about 30 years ago!
York has such a lovely atmosphere, I love wandering around. A great place to end your trip, I bet you are looking forward to your own bed.
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading along with your adventures. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your trip.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

Thank you- we will definitely have to visit both - definitely much more inspired to see what’s in our country try after this trip

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
I have followed every day, some great photos and looks like you have all had a great time, you are brave all in one car with two dogs for that distance and time !
Many places were on our route last year which had to be slightly cut short ( we missed the Kelpies ) as lockdown rules changed.
We also stayed at the Layerthorpe Travelodge and had Yorkshire wraps delivered by Deliveroo.
If you like Cathedrals our is very nice inside with some lovely stained glass and we aren’t too far from you for a day out ( Hereford) I would also recommend a trip up to Elan Valley as the drone shots would be fantastic.
Have a smooth, safe journey home …and I definitely would have bought the bunny doorstop from earlier in the trip 😀
Dollymixture is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

Thanks so much. I have definitely been inspired to visit more interesting places in the UK - we have so much history and beauty here, it’s just the weather that is the issue sometimes!
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I have really enjoyed reading your reports every day. You have done such a lot and you have been blessed with such good weather in the main too. Your report has certainly given me some inspiration to try something different. Hope those who have said a UK holiday is a “waste of money” will read some of your report because I’m sure they would change their mind.
Thank you for taking the time to write.
Dollymixture is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

Keeping fingers crossed that you manage to get to Florida- it’s the waiting and not knowing that’s the hardest xx
Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
I’ve loved reading your posts everyday & so glad you persevered.
I’m sure you’ve given lots of Dibbers, ideas for future Uk staycations. I’ve got a few in mind now for next month as our Florida trip is looking less likely.
Thx again. X
Old 8 Aug 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

That’s very kind and means a lot, thank you so much
Originally Posted by P&S View Post
What a great day in York another city I love

I've said it before but I have loved following you down and up and back down the country Your children are a complete credit to you and Koolie
Old 9 Aug 21, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I have thoroughly enjoyed your trip report. I’m another who felt ‘there was nothing to do’ in the uk and the weather would ruin it anyway.

You have completely proved me wrong and I’m now thinking when can I try snd do something similar.

Thank you so much for writing the reports. I know it can seem like a chore but I have enjoyed reading them and I hope you will enjoy looking back at it later.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

Thank you! I am glad people have enjoyed reading the report - I got so many idea from other peoples trip reports so really wanted to do it. It will definitely be nice to look back on too - already the trip seems a bit of a blur!

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I have thoroughly enjoyed your trip report. I’m another who felt ‘there was nothing to do’ in the uk and the weather would ruin it anyway.

You have completely proved me wrong and I’m now thinking when can I try snd do something similar.

Thank you so much for writing the reports. I know it can seem like a chore but I have enjoyed reading them and I hope you will enjoy looking back at it later.
Old 10 Aug 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ginwithaslice
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for the great trip report! We went to York a few years ago and we still talk about the smell at Jorvik! I'm sure we would have got the idea if it was in the entrance only!
ginwithaslice is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
wobblywibbly
Serious Dibber

Nottingham via the Humber bridge would have been quite a detour 😯
wobblywibbly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List