Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Aug 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post

Well my 2022 tickets still give me FP access😤

I'm in the denial stage🤣
Our TA is finding out if Genie will have any impact on our ultimate tickets.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mostlybobbins View Post
I'm not entirely certain that you can book both rides at the same time. You can book one, then the second after you've used up that booking (like the fourth FP of the day in old money). I could be wrong, but that's what I assumed.
That's true for Genie+.

It's not clear yet what the process will be for the paid individual attractions, whether these count as your one held lightning pass or are additional passes on top.

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Our TA is finding out if Genie will have any impact on our ultimate tickets.
I don't see why they would. Genie+ will be an extra charge on top. This is true for every ticket type, even APs.

Ultimate tickets are for park access. Any other benefit has always been listed as subject to availability. Fastpass as a benefit no longer exists. And as far as I'm aware, no 2022 ticket sold direct from Disney hasn't had the caveat that FP service was suspended.

Edited at 11:16 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Crisps
Proud to wear my Ears

In a way, this makes things a little easier planning wise, because you’re not rigidly having to plan which park on what day 30/60 days out on the current (well, obsolete now!) system. I do think it isn’t as bad as it could have been; they could have gone down the Universal route and charged $100+, but $15 a day isn’t as outrageously expensive as it could have been. Of course this will add up to a lot for a large family, and once full details are released and the pricing for the headline attractions are released I could see it being very expensive. This’ll just make rope drop even more stressful and increase morning wait times, which is probably a sneaky way of getting people to pay for it anyway!

Maybe including it for free for deluxe resort guests similar to what Universal do would have been nice though.
Crisps is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post

Well my 2022 tickets still give me FP access😤

I'm in the denial stage🤣
My husband said this last night, he thinks it should still be honored
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Srbj
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Wow sounds like it could be a real struggle to ride anything without spending out more money or waiting in ques for hours on end which my 3 just won't do. I think if we get next year it could possibly be our last trip because I know my DH just won't go for all of this and he isn't as Disney mad as me 🙈.
Yep I’m with you, my husband is considering selling a kidney for us to go next year as it is! So many Disney perks have gone and just more and more money, so sad I feel for all the Disney mad families, but the purse strings will only stretch so far I’m afraid Mickey...
Srbj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

What about Park hopping? If you buy the $15 genie+ for the day can you use it within a second park that day?
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
What about Park hopping? If you buy the $15 genie+ for the day can you use it within a second park that day?
Yes, you can.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
My husband said this last night, he thinks it should still be honored
Disney will find a way to wriggle out of it.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Crisps View Post
In a way, this makes things a little easier planning wise, because you’re not rigidly having to plan which park on what day 30/60 days out on the current (well, obsolete now!) system. I do think it isn’t as bad as it could have been; they could have gone down the Universal route and charged $100+, but $15 a day isn’t as outrageously expensive as it could have been. Of course this will add up to a lot for a large family, and once full details are released and the pricing for the headline attractions are released I could see it being very expensive. This’ll just make rope drop even more stressful and increase morning wait times, which is probably a sneaky way of getting people to pay for it anyway!

Maybe including it for free for deluxe resort guests similar to what Universal do would have been nice though.
Unless I’ve missed it, the park access reservation system will still be in place, so you’re still having to make decisions on which parks on which days and potentially at more than 60 days out.

Also, if you pay for your headliner and it’s not operating at the time you were due (weather, technical reasons etc), which isn’t an uncommon experience, then it gets even messier.

We’re due back Xmas 2022 - this, in conjunction with other changes, makes the prospect of visiting the parks more complex, which I don’t necessarily have a problem with, but to me it is a diminished experience. The fact that Disney want/expect me to pay more for that “privilege” means we will probably just do Universal and look at other experiences we haven’t done before, giving the Disney parks a miss altogether.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I just can't get my head around the fact that myself and my family earn good wages, we go to Disney every 3-4 years and for the first time, we've basically been priced off site.

I know that this doesn't really have anything to do with on site/off site accommodation, but when staying on site was already at the top end of our budget, and now having to pay for things that were previously included in that budget (DME, FP, let's face it, DDP) to have the same holiday experience as you would before... that's what I'm having a really hard time accepting.

Those holidays are just over for us now, and it's devastating.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List