Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 1 Dec 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
whitefrog123
Helping Minnie

Shame about YSH, we’ve always had good meals there but the starters don’t sound very appetising.
I love the village green picture.
whitefrog123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
Oh no I’ve always found Yachtsman to be a safe lovely meal - disappointing that they’ve dropped standards - sounds they have scaled back on the starters as I’ve had cracking crab cakes before now. Sorry it wasn’t up to the old standards x
Originally Posted by whitefrog123 View Post
Shame about YSH, we’ve always had good meals there but the starters don’t sound very appetising.
I love the village green picture.
If I hadn’t had both soups previously in the trip I’d have probably ordered soup and maybe pork chop. P should have ignored me and had lobster or no extra side and we might have seen a totally different review. Bad combination of circumstances and choices make it seem worse than it really is.

Oh and P said steer clear of the Xmas special sour apple - it tasted like a yankee candle

Edited at 04:10 AM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 04:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Old 2 Dec 21, 04:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

P loves a trip to the Florida Mall and while we were there we grabbed a cheap & cheerful lunch from the food court.

It was hot, tasty and easy on the wallet.

Charlie’s Philly cheese

Small ultimate (just meat cheese and onion)

BLT cheesesteak

Loaded fries

Old 2 Dec 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Imagineer

Sorry to hear that YSH wasn’t great. My parents had a rough experience there years ago and we put it down to the free dining craze.
Maybe it’s just a hit or Miss place?
Malificent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Malificent View Post
Sorry to hear that YSH wasn’t great. My parents had a rough experience there years ago and we put it down to the free dining craze.
Maybe it’s just a hit or Miss place?
I think it was just bad picks on an off night Bec, we’ll give it another go maybe next year
Old 2 Dec 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

We had dinner booked at The Trattoria and called in next door at Abracadabar for a pre dinner cocktail. The way the staff were shaping it was touch and go wether we got them before dinner or in time for breakfast but they finally arrived.

Tito Martini (L) Cosmo (R)

Old 2 Dec 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Trip looks fantastic.
Where’s the Xmas decos on the lamps at Beach Club, hope they haven’t missed them off in cost cutting. This was it in 2019 when we were there- hopefully they are decorating properly.

Edited at 01:55 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Trip looks fantastic.
Where’s the Xmas decos on the lamps at Beach Club, hope they haven’t missed them off in cost cutting. This was it in 2019 when we were there- hopefully they are decorating properly.

Not done yet YT, I’m just boating to the studios and the lampposts etc are still bare.