Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Jan 22, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

The Magic 3 - Day 6 - Hollywood Studios

Day 6 – Tues 22nd October 2019 – HS

Well it’s been a while but I want to get this report finished before we head off on our next trip in May!
The Magic 3 are Tara, Mark and Heath and this is our first trip to Florida
=====================================

Remember when we were all waiting for Galaxy’s Edge to open and saying we hoped it wasn’t before our trips because the crowds were going to be crazy? Well yep, the opening happened in time for our visit so at first I was worried we’d be fighting the hordes…Disney obviously felt the same because they opened every park at 6am while we were out there – and it was awesome! Lovely quiet parks each morning, we’re going to miss that on our next visit!

This was our first seriously early start because we knew we’d have to be there early to get ahead of the rope drop crowd – this photo was taken at 5.34am!

We did the speedy walk to Slinky and started our day in Toy Story Land. We rode Slinky once, Alien Swirling Saucers twice and Toy Story Mania twice

Heath was not a fan of Slinky as you can tell from the ride photo! I’m hoping he’s braver this time.

Then we headed to Batuu for Smugglers Run and wow, this land blew us away.

Heath is really into Star Wars now so I’m so excited to go back and experience Rise of the Resistance as that hadn’t opened when we went.
Heath and I were pilots on our first go – we were awful and crashed loads but a lovely lady cheered Heath on the whole time which was so sweet!
We went straight round for another go and got pilots again but I swapped with Mark this time as I felt bad for him to miss out a second time! I was the engineer which isn’t quite as much fun. The boys did even worse this time so I felt a bit better about my pilot skills

We then had some photos taken and explored the area

Time for Oga’s Cantina – we had the Blue Bantha, Fuzzy Tauntaun and Bespin Fizzalong with a Mustafarian lava roll – we enjoyed it all and loved the atmosphere.

We went back to Toy Story Land after this as we had a FP for TSSM (really going to miss those on the next trip ) and saw the Green Army Men patrolling around – Heath got to throw their bouncy ball back to them.

Heath (and me!) was really into meeting characters at the time so we went off to tick some more off our list.
First up was Edna Mode, who loved Heath’s outfit but told Mark his was all wrong because the blues of his shorts and shirt didn’t match – how they manage to convey so much just through hand gestures is amazing!

We went off to the Incredibles area next – they just roam around here and you have to leap in quick for a photo but it was fun just watching them interact with people.

Mike and Sully were next – the queue was inside so we could enjoy the blessed air con. The wait was advertised as 35 minutes and was bang on.

We had a Muppets FP next…this wasn’t needed but we really enjoyed the show – think we saw it three times in total across the holiday!

Quick trip to Crait on Star Tours and then it was time for lunch.

We were booked in at the Sci Fi Diner – we arrived 20 minutes early but they seated us there and then

We really enjoyed this – loved the theming and the food was yummy too. I was sat in the front of the car on my own and it was blissful to just have a little peace and quiet after that 4.45am alarm! Heath was given a driving licence and the server told Mark to make sure he got his date home before curfew – very cute little touches.

The Mickey and Minnie meet was directly opposite the restaurant so we went there next. Heath had a Mickey sticker so he got lots of praise from the main mouse and Minnie loved my polka-dot top, the meets were a lot of fun.

We were shattered by this point so got a bus back to the hotel for a quick dip in the pool before heading off to Disney Springs. We got our giftcard (missed out on that offer this year ) and promptly spent most of it! It was Blaze for dinner which we all thoroughly enjoyed

I’d read about the dye on the Disney plastic bags rubbing off if they come into contact with bug spray but obviously then forgot about it – until I saw myself in the restroom mirror and realised my legs and shorts were completely covered in all the blue ink from the bag! Luckily it came off with a few wet wipes but I was very careful after that!

Heath said he loved his night at DS, especially as he got to do two ‘parks’ in one day, bless him! He was fast asleep by 10pm and we didn’t last much longer. Tomorrow, we’re off to Epcot.

Edited at 10:02 PM.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm glad you've decided to finish writing your report.

Wow, that was an early start, but it seems to have paid off and you got to be pilot on Smugglers Run. A lovely day at HS. I'm not surprised you needed an afternoon nap.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm glad you've decided to finish writing your report.

Wow, that was an early start, but it seems to have paid off and you got to be pilot on Smugglers Run. A lovely day at HS. I'm not surprised you needed an afternoon nap.
I always think of you when I’m slacking on the report writing! I felt a bit silly with it all being so out of date now but it’s lovely to relive all the fun we had. I’m determined to finish it now - and get a pre-trip done before May.

It was madness how early we got up but it added to the fun in a weird way. It was a great day. Have you guys made it to Galaxy’s Edge yet? I can’t remember if you saw it before covid got in the way!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
I always think of you when I’m slacking on the report writing! I felt a bit silly with it all being so out of date now but it’s lovely to relive all the fun we had. I’m determined to finish it now - and get a pre-trip done before May.

It was madness how early we got up but it added to the fun in a weird way. It was a great day. Have you guys made it to Galaxy’s Edge yet? I can’t remember if you saw it before covid got in the way!
Nope our last trip was summer 2019 with my parents and that was before GE opened - there are loads of new to us things to look forward to!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Nope our last trip was summer 2019 with my parents and that was before GE opened - there are loads of new to us things to look forward to!
That’s so exciting for you! Can’t believe how much time has passed though - bet you can’t wait to get back.