Old 16 Jan 22, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

The Magic 3 - Day 7 - Epcot

Day 7 – Wednesday 23nd October – Epcot and Story Book Dining

The Magic 3 are Tara, Mark and Heath and this is our first trip to Florida
=====================================

We were starting our day with breakfast at Garden Grill – Heath said he wanted to eat with characters every day and today he was getting two character meals! But at which one did I get yelled at? Read on to find out!

Our booking was at 0805 and it was so nice to not be in a rope drop scrum for once.
The food was lovely and I enjoyed seeing everything as the restaurant rotated but Heath wasn’t feeling great so he didn’t really have a good time unfortunately. Luckily he’s still a trooper when it comes to posing for photos

Heath felt much better after brekkie fortunately and we hopped in the queue for Soarin’ – we got B1 which I knew from the dibb is the best row. Mark hates heights so didn’t love this but Heath and I did!

Time for more characters of course – Joy and Baymax

Turtle talk next, which was cute. We really enjoyed the seagulls shouting “mine, mine” outside. We bought my nephew a t-shirt of them as he was going through a grabby toddler stage

Mark and I were worried about Test Track because Heath is quite nervous of fast rides but he absolutely loved it – hallelujah! It’s his favourite now and the one he’s most excited about going back on.

We kept working our way around the rides – Epcot felt like a very chilled park which was lovely. On our first go on Spaceship Earth, Heath said he didn’t feel the need to do it again must admit I agreed but we did end up going on it quite a bit and fell in love with it then…funny how you can change your mind on these things.
We also met Vanellope von Schweetz after our Figment ride

We headed off to Mexico after our rides. The three caballeros ride was so cute! We also did the Agent P mission in here. I know that’s been scrapped and is supposed to be replaced with a Duck Tales version but now they’ve cancelled the reboot (which we LOVED), it looks a bit more doubtful

Heath was doing the Kidcot fun stops so we popped into Norway to get that one ticked off before getting some food from the Food and Wine stalls.
We only managed satay chicken from Thailand (fine) and the cheese soup and steak from Canada (delicious) before we decided it was too hot and busy so got some photos before moving back towards the rides

We had a Soarin’ fp before we left the park – we got row C this time…we actually laughed at loud when we saw the wonky Eiffel Tower! I can’t believe Disney signed off on only one row getting a good view

We had a quick wash and rest before our Story Book dinner at the Wilderness Lodge – we got a lyft rather than bothering with buses to get between resorts.

We were sat in a really dark part of the restaurant so I was worried about our photos but our server told us we wouldn’t regret it if we stayed with him! He was lovely but I’ve got no food photos as it’s all too dark.
We really enjoyed the food and the characters were fun too

The part of the evening that has lived on in family infamy is when it was our turn to meet the Evil Queen. Heath went up first, for an autograph and photos, before I asked if Mark and I could join them. BUT I didn’t wait for a response and just started walking towards her…”why are you asking if you are already moving?! GET OUT!” Terrifying! I was so embarrassed that I just stood there until I realised that she was waiting for me to ask again. I did and she finally relented

Look at the face she’s giving me

It was hilarious and Heath regularly asks if we’ll see my ‘best friend’ again She told him his servant were useless and asked why his autograph book was covered in rodents – great meet!

We decided to get the boat back to the Magic Kingdom

Didn’t realise we’d have to go through security afterwards but finally got on a bus to head home, all worn out from another lovely day. Tomorrow, it’s the Halloween party!

Edited at 10:58 PM.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Two character meals in one day, sounds perfect! That glare on the Evil Queens face is brilliant. I'd have been terrified.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Two character meals in one day, sounds perfect! That glare on the Evil Queens face is brilliant. I'd have been terrified.
Heath’s idea of heaven! He doesn’t want any character meals this time, so I’m glad we went so big on them on this trip. And as there’s no free dining in May, I’m thrilled I’m not having to cough up those crazy prices!

It was so scary and embarrassing but also hilarious. The absolute disgust on her face
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 22, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
themacfamily
Gone all Goofy

Hey, really enjoyed reading your trip report!

This might come across a bit random, but as new parents to a young son (and not sure if any others might follow) how do you find Disney with one child? Or should I say how does he find it? This is a common talking point between my wife and I and often crops up when we discuss more kids lol
themacfamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 22, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by themacfamily View Post
Hey, really enjoyed reading your trip report!

This might come across a bit random, but as new parents to a young son (and not sure if any others might follow) how do you find Disney with one child? Or should I say how does he find it? This is a common talking point between my wife and I and often crops up when we discuss more kids lol
He loves it! He doesn’t know any different so it’s never been an issue. It’s such a busy holiday, he doesn’t have time to miss his friends! And as parents, it’s much cheaper and easier to do it with one

It had honestly never occurred to me to think about it until you asked. I do feel like there’s a bit of guilt around having a “lonely only” but luckily, we’re all very happy with how things turned out.