Old 17 Jan 22, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

The Magic 3 - Day 8 - Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party

Day 8 - Thursday 24th October 2019 - MK and MNSSHP

The Magic 3 are Tara, Mark and Heath and this is our first trip to Florida
====================

Tonight was Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party so the plan was to have a relaxed start…my notes say I pushed our breakfast reservation back to 9.30 and I’m cracking up at my past self, thinking this was relaxing
Heath didn’t even stir this morning when I was drying my hair, the poor boy was exhausted by my mad pace but we woke him at 8.10, ready to head off to Crystal Palace.
I noticed the bus was much busier this morning as we were normally in the parks by now.

We picked up some Sorcerer cards and finished the challenge on Main Street, defeating Cruella. Is anyone else really sad this has all gone now? Heath loved it and I think it’s really important to have fun things to do that aren’t rides but hey ho, glad we made the most of it when we could.

We bought some Halloween t-shirts for Heath and Mark to wear tonight and a tote bag for our candy haul!

Then it was brekkie time. We had a little wait out on the porch and it was lovely to just sit and soak it in, not rushing anywhere - planning on doing a lot more of that in May.

Tigger was up first so we had a quick bounce with him and some lovely hugs.
Eeyore just stood behind and waited for us to move to him which felt very fitting for him
Heath joined the parade that kids do through the restaurant - he was behind Tigger so got a high five and then hit in the head by his tail!

I ate my body weight in puffed French toast and cheesy potatoes while this was going on but I wasn’t convinced by the breakfast lasagne.
Piglet and Pooh popped by next - cuddles, photos and autographs done and we were off.

The friendship fair show was starting on the castle stage so I watched that while the boys went to Liberty Square for more Sorcerer shenanigans

We caught the trolley show on the way out - I adored this and really hope it comes back soon.

As we were supposed to be taking it easy this morning, we then went back to the hotel so Heath could have some pool time while I did some laundry

We were just wearing Halloween t-shirts tonight. Felt like a party pooper but it was just way too hot for us to even think about costumes. I’m in awe of those of you who manage it! Once we were on the bus heading back to Magic Kingdom, some women in full fairy outfits complemented my Hocus Pocus t-shirt so that made me feel slightly better about my poor effort

We arrived way before the party started as we had some FPS to use (rest in peace ) and walked in as the Dapper Dans we’re doing a set at the top of Main Street. We stood and watched them while Mark swapped his t-shirts as he’d gone off the one he bought earlier.

We had fps for splash, haunted and thunder - but Heath decided he would only ride thunder. Mark didn’t bother with splash either as it’s quite a long ride. All of us will be going on this year. Heath considers log flumes his nemesis for some reason

Hahaha, poor child! But he’s feeling braver now thankfully. And that other child is a friend’s, not mine that I lost on a ride, never to be mentioned again

Me and my mates on Splash (it looked like I was alone on this holiday for most of the ride photos!)

I love the guy at the front, trying to convince himself he’s loving it!

Some more Sorcerers in Adventureland and then Mark and I took turns on Haunted Mansion before we got some photopass shots outside

We enjoyed our wildest ride in the wilderness before getting a hotdog at Casey’s

We decided to get some party merch next - we got the event pin, cauldron tumbler, surprise pumpkin pins and a set of 3 Hocus Pocus pins, before picking up the party sorcerer card.

Now it was finally time to head through the party bypass and kick the night off.

We hung around the hub because I thought they might mark the start of the party but they didn’t so once the clock hit 7pm, we headed off to start ticking off my very long list of things I wanted to achieve at the party.

The gravediggers were meeting in Liberty Square so we hopped into the queue. Heath did some other photopass shots while we waited

The Gravediggers were fab, very intimidating as they keep a very miserable, straight face the entire time. They saw Heath’s birthday badge and did a very unexcited cheer for him

We did some trick or treating before heading to the hub for the first Hocus Pocus show. We managed to get behind a fence near the statue so had a great view - what a show, we all loved it. We were next to a very enthusiastic man who kept shouting “sing the song” which was quite annoying but he’d been there much longer than us so didn’t feel I could complain when I’d squeezed in next to him!

The crowd after this was intense…we shuffled along with the crush to Tomorrowland to check out the Laugh Floor Halloween overlay. It was funny but very awkward, they have much better comedians during the normal show! There was candy on way in and out and Heath had a good laugh so it was a great stop for us.

We then moved onto the Monsters Inc dance party - they did a routine at the front before mingling, Heath loved this and was busting some serious moves.

Cosmic Rays trick or treat stop next, we popped into the descendants dance party here but it seemed a bit lame...not much of a descendants connection that we saw.
Then we rode the teacups with the spooky light overlay. Mark span us as fast as possible, which was great fun.

By this point, it was already time to check into dessert party. I thought this would be our one and only WDW trip (everyone on the dibb laughs at my naivety ) so I went big on the extras - a paid event within a paid event…I am the kind of mug Disney loves to see coming!
I loved the spinach dip and crostini served here and had a whole plate of that! As for desserts, I liked the pumpkin headless horseman best which of course we don’t have photos of because we were utterly useless at getting food snaps!

Got taken over to garden then...I’d read that back left by the railing was a good spot and luckily it was open so we grabbed it. Could see the parade then too...not a perfect view but we saw loads more than I thought we would. We had so much space in the garden, it was amazing. Heath laid flat out at one point. I thought the show was fab! Loved the projections but I did focus more on them than the fireworks til the end. So impressive what they can do with lasers and lights on the castle.

We sat for a little while after the show finished, to decide what to do next...the plan was to do a few more ToT stops and then head home...yeah right, as if we could drag Heath out of there while there were sweets to be had!

We did monsters inc again, caught the end of the show, again not hugely funny. We were heading to Carousel of Progress but then realised the treat was apple purée so gave it a swerve and did cosmic rays again- come on Disney, who wants apple purée when they could have fistfuls of cheap chocolate?!

The crowds had dropped hugely after the fireworks so we pressed on into Fantasyland, did more trick or treating at the barnstormer, then walked round to Ariel stop.

We saw Anastasia and Drizella roaming around - they were so funny and rude to everyone! Mark asked them to get him Cinderella’s autograph, they were not impressed!
We also got some more photos

I’m not sure why Mark’s scared face is quite so camp but here we are.

Even more trick or treating at Philharmagic and then decided to cut through liberty square for more but we’d forgotten about the second parade.
We got held near the end of Adventureland so got to see it again with a better view! Then we followed the crowd round to walk through the Main Street shops - and guess what, held by the parade again by the park exit! But this was great because we got to see gravediggers marking sparks with their shovels and the corpse bride floating around so I was thrilled as I hadn’t had a great view of them before.
The cast members kept moving us forward a chunk at a time and let us cross the road while there was a break in floats...such a well oiled operation.

We got the headless horseman shot on the way out and headed for the bus

Another butch face from Mark there!

He got chatting to a lady who said she needed her medicine and a drink in bed - I can relate to that after a hard day in the parks! Heath managed to stay awake on the bus and we all had a quick shower before collapsing into bed.

But not before taking a pic of the candy haul - Heath was wearing a birthday badge so quite often got two handfuls at each stop!

Do you think we got enough? You better believe we packed that all and took it home too! We discovered the TSA had opened the suitcase to check it because they leave a little leaflet in to tell you, god knows what they thought

We walked 16.9km this day...crazy! Tomorrow is a much more relaxing day at Typhoon Lagoon and Hollywood Studios.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Wonderful time was had by all ,look at all that candy I love the photo of the grave diggers

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
Wonderful time was had by all ,look at all that candy I love the photo of the grave diggers
I had to take it into work to get rid of it!
The gravediggers were so funny, such a great memory
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow that is a lot of candy, Heath looks very proud of himself in the photo. Plus you got some great photopass at the party. It seems like you had a whale of a time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Wow that is a lot of candy, Heath looks very proud of himself in the photo. Plus you got some great photopass at the party. It seems like you had a whale of a time.
I feel like I’m chasing you across the dibb
He was over the moon with his giant haul, and it made for a great photo!
I love a good photopass, will have to see if there are any new ones for our next trip.
I’m glad we’re going at a different time of year for a change, but we will miss all the Halloween fun.