Old 23 Jan 22, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

The Magic 3 - Day 11 - Epcot

Day 11 - Saturday 27th October 2011 - Epcot

The Magic 3 are Tara, Mark and Heath and this is our first trip to Florida
=====================

Today was Heath’s 8th birthday! We had a leisurely lie in before he opened his presents.
He got this stylish FIFA top as one of them

We decided to check out the pool at Kidani (the dvc part of the resort) after a family on the bus last night told us it was great. We got the shuttle across with no wait. Heath loved the slide

After a few hundred goes on the slide, it was time to get to get ready for a birthday lunch at Chef Mickey’s. We used lyft again, definitely the easiest way to get between resorts.

At the end of yesterday’s write up, I mentioned I had to cancel California Grill for this meal, at the birthday boy’s request…well along with the four day labour, this is another thing I’ll never let him forget putting me through

The food was pretty meh, the restaurant was freezing and horror of horrors, we didn’t even see any characters!

Another lady complained before I could, saying they’d been there 45mins and seen no characters. A manager came to see her but when Mark tried to flag her down, she went off the other way...they got FPs! I asked our server when the characters were coming and she said over her shoulder “yeah, yeah, I’ll be with you soon” - so we were very grumpy at this point.
Luckily, the characters had obviously been given a swift shove in our direction because they started filing through, along with a manager handing out FPs, woohoo! We got 3 extra each so maybe Chef Mickey’s was worth it after all

Another birthday cupcake

We then got the monorail to Epcot - this was Heath’s favourite park after he fell in love with Test Track.

We rode Figment before heading into the World Showcase to finish off Heath’s passport (he got a stamp in each country, another little activity which got us exploring, would recommend for kids).

Heath was wearing his birthday badge so the lovely kidcot woman in Canada gave him a voucher for free maple popcorn.

I got the grand marnier slushie in France and hummous fries in Morocco - both delicious! We caught a couple of songs from Voices of Liberty in America...they were amazing and even Heath was disappointed we didn’t see the whole show.

We had fun doing the passport and kidcot stuff but some were much better than others - the USA woman definitely phoned it in and the China man and woman were clearly over it having to deal with some obnoxious kids next to them which meant they were pretty short with Heath too which was a shame. The man in France asked if we were French because apparently our bonjour was so good

Having finished the passport, we went back to hit the rides. We rode test track, mission space, living on the land, soarin and spaceship earth before grabbing some dinner at Electric Umbrella - Heath had a cheese pizza and remembers it as the best meal of the whole trip
Between that and Chef Mickey’s, we’re not letting him pick any restaurants on the next trip!

It was raining now which meant we couldn’t use our FPs on Test Track. Guest services happily moved them to a different day for us which was great. The queue to see someone had taken a while and the ride was actually back up by the time we were sorted. We had planned to go back to the hotel but Heath got upset because he wanted to see fireworks on his birthday.

So we tried our luck, went back into the park and tapped at Test Track - it worked! That was a bit naughty of us but it was his birthday.
As punishment, a drunk man blocked me on the photo with his cup

We only had five minutes to the fireworks so speed walked over. We found a little bit of space for Heath to stand in so he had a great view while Mark and I peered over the heads of everyone more organised than us.
This is another show that’s gone now but we liked the kites! When they started shooting fireworks, Heath turned to me to ask “how?!?” Bless him. The finale practically turned the night to daylight.

Heath was still sad his birthday was ending so Mark said they could watch American football for a bit when we got back to the hotel - we were in the room just after 10pm...absolutely exhausted! But a successful day for Heath’s birthday.

Tomorrow, it’s back to the Magic Kingdom and another fireworks dessert party.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 22, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A birthday in WDW must be fab! I also have an October birthday, one day I hope to be able to celebrate it like Heath did - well mostly, perhaps not the Chef Mickey start but having fun in Epcot around World Showcase sounds alright to me.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 22, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A birthday in WDW must be fab! I also have an October birthday, one day I hope to be able to celebrate it like Heath did - well mostly, perhaps not the Chef Mickey start but having fun in Epcot around World Showcase sounds alright to me.
That sounds like a great birthday plan! He’s quite disappointed we don’t have any celebrations for our next trip, maybe I’ll have an early birthday
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List