Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 25 Dec 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Just had ours, not the best pic but it was lovely.. And it started snowing just as we finished ♥

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Happy Christmas All

I hope you've all had a good morning. I'm waiting for the turkey to cook, so time for a quick update.

Croissant Croque Madame

Thank you to Colette for sharing lots of breakfast ideas. This was so easy as it's just a slice of ham and cheese stuffed into the croissant, then fry them but just to melt the cheese. Top with a fried egg.

Marks and Sparks Bucks Fizz

This was actually really good and I'd get it again.

Ring of Prawns and Pate on Toast

Just a light starter as we know there is lots coming
Merry Christmas

Abby everything looks delicious I saw the M&S Buck’s Fizz but wasn’t sure, so pleased you enjoyed it. Plain fizz for me.

Pancakes with maple syrup and bacon for breakfast here. Simple but delicious. Enjoy your lunch!

Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Merry Christmas

Abby everything looks delicious I saw the M&S Buck’s Fizz but wasn’t sure, so pleased you enjoyed it. Plain fizz for me.

Pancakes with maple syrup and bacon for breakfast here. Simple but delicious. Enjoy your lunch!

They look yummy! We had toasted panettone it was gorgeous ♥ sorry no pic, was to keen to scoff it lol

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MsSparkles
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Pomegranate Spritzer

And we're back on the Fizz tonight. But this time Christmassy Fizz. Earlier this afternoon I sent DH out in the garden for a couple of sprigs of rosemary, these get added to litre of pomegranate juice which is boiled until reduced by half. Cool the juice mixture and serve with your choice of cava, Prosecco or champagne.

Happy Christmas

Just wanted to say thanks for this Spritzer recipe. We had it today and it was lovely - very festive! Merry Christmas! 🎄

1990 - Disney World (I Drive), 1997 - Disney World (I Drive), 2007 & 2008 - Disneyland Paris, 2009 & 2011 - Disney World (I Drive & LBV) , 2013 - Disneyland California (offsite) - 2015 Disney World (BCL & LBV) , 2017 & 2022 Disney World (LBV) Plus many other US holidays and road trips (aiming to visit every state )
MsSparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
They look yummy! We had toasted panettone it was gorgeous ♥ sorry no pic, was to keen to scoff it lol
Oooh we love Panettone- yum!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Just had ours, not the best pic but it was lovely.. And it started snowing just as we finished ♥

Ooh, this looks like a lovely spread for two. I really like your star serving plate

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Merry Christmas

Oh those pancakes look delicious

Originally Posted by MsSparkles View Post
Just wanted to say thanks for this Spritzer recipe. We had it today and it was lovely - very festive! Merry Christmas! 🎄
I'm really pleased you enjoyed it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Christmas Dinner

Turkey crown came out really nice, we were stuffed by the end.

This was my plate

It wasn't until late in the evening that I could face the Christmas pudding. It was yummy.

I spent much of the afternoon starting off my new Disney puzzle, Kate helped a lot! It's 1000 pieces and will take ages...But we were pretty pleased to get all the sides done.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

It all looks lovely Abby. I didn’t manage to take photos of our actual dinner as we had my parents and sister round and they would have thought I was a complete weirdo taking photos I did take one of the desserts.
We had this Bucks Fizz from M&S in the morning and it was lovely. I would recommend this one

Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I’m loving all these pics

We cooked and ate way too much.
Breakfast is always pastries, fruit, granola and yoghurt and dinner is in the evening.
No dessert!
I’m ashamed to post my plate 😬
The trouble is nobody wants to lose any of the accompaniments so we end up never cutting back even though it is discussed!

I did not clear my plate!

Also, our turkey was ridiculously big! OH insists on a big one every year for the curries, pies and sandwiches.
This however takes the biscuit! The farm gave us the top end of the weight bracket 😆
It spent the night in brine and was absolutely delicious. My sister bought hers from the same place this year and is a convert.

Edited at 11:26 AM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

No complaints from anyone this year, because they wouldn’t dare
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List