Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 26 Dec 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re on to cheese and biscuits again. I can’t be bothered to cook at all today. Tomorrow we need to make pie fillings and curries etc so that not a scrap of turkey is wasted.
OH just mentioned me making a trifle...
Absolutely not

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Merry Christmas everyone. I love all the photos of people’s roast dinners, I completely failed and demolished it all before I remembered to take one of ours!

Today we have been grazing all day. For a late lunch I put together a Charcuterie board with salamis, cheese, crackers and cola ham. I also did some pesto and mozzarella toasts on ciabatta. This was a great idea as we all just helped ourselves to whatever we wanted.

For dinner we have just had chilli that I had in the freezer and jacket potato’s. I have zero room for dessert but I need to finish off the cheesecake pudding so gonna have to find some 😂

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Merry Christmas everyone. I love all the photos of people’s roast dinners, I completely failed and demolished it all before I remembered to take one of ours!

Today we have been grazing all day. For a late lunch I put together a Charcuterie board with salamis, cheese, crackers and cola ham. I also did some pesto and mozzarella toasts on ciabatta. This was a great idea as we all just helped ourselves to whatever we wanted.

For dinner we have just had chilli that I had in the freezer and jacket potato’s. I have zero room for dessert but I need to finish off the cheesecake pudding so gonna have to find some 😂
That spread looks lovely I like the idea of the mozzarella toasts. Grilled cheese is always good

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Manhattan Roulade

This was the Mary Berry alternative to a Yule log, chocolate Swiss roll and a white chocolate buttercream. It was really good.

You can see where the Swiss roll cracked and I held it together with icing.

Of course we had to pour cream on top as well as the buttercream icing.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas Day.

We started our day with our usual Christmas Day breakfast after we’d waited for the girls to wake up - being teens this meant it ended up being brunch!

Sticking to our relaxed day we didn’t eat lunch till 3.30 and started with tomato soup and freshly baked bread rolls, followed by the traditional lunch.

We had desserts much later and I forgot to take a photo. My husband had Christmas Pudding, DD1 and I had a M&S salted caramel profiteroles which were delicious. DD2 who is fussy had some M&S chocolate roll with squirty cream!

Boxing Day we nibbled most of the day so had a picky tea buffet.

I added breaded onion rings and mushrooms and pizza to this but forgot a photo! Not sure I’m cut out for this food reporting lark!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We’ve got so many crisps and chocolates. Should be able to have a proper dinner today as we’ve finally run out of party food. There’s a couple of bits kept for new year.

Still eating Yule log 😂.

I’ve been drinking mango Collins cocktails which have been the best drink at home I’ve ever had.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Manhattan Roulade

This was the Mary Berry alternative to a Yule log, chocolate Swiss roll and a white chocolate buttercream. It was really good.

You can see where the Swiss roll cracked and I held it together with icing.

Of course we had to pour cream on top as well as the buttercream icing.
That looks great! I add cream to all my puddings 😂
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas Day.

We started our day with our usual Christmas Day breakfast after we’d waited for the girls to wake up - being teens this meant it ended up being brunch!

Sticking to our relaxed day we didn’t eat lunch till 3.30 and started with tomato soup and freshly baked bread rolls, followed by the traditional lunch.

We had desserts much later and I forgot to take a photo. My husband had Christmas Pudding, DD1 and I had a M&S salted caramel profiteroles which were delicious. DD2 who is fussy had some M&S chocolate roll with squirty cream!

Boxing Day we nibbled most of the day so had a picky tea buffet.

I added breaded onion rings and mushrooms and pizza to this but forgot a photo! Not sure I’m cut out for this food reporting lark!
This all looks brilliant, adding stuff and then not taking a photo is the bread and butter of food reporting your breakfast looks great and your desserts all sounded delicious even if we didn't see them!

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
We’ve got so many crisps and chocolates. Should be able to have a proper dinner today as we’ve finally run out of party food. There’s a couple of bits kept for new year.

Still eating Yule log 😂.

I’ve been drinking mango Collins cocktails which have been the best drink at home I’ve ever had.
I know what you mean about a proper dinner, picky bits, crisps and nuts are great but sometimes you just want some proper food.

Old 27 Dec 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Sandwiches for lunch

Smoked salmon, gammon and mustard, turkey stuffing and cranberry.

A quick, but tasty lunch and back to the important business of the day...the puzzle.

Yes they are still in PJs

Old 27 Dec 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

We had left over chicken for lunch, then I had a few pigs in blankets I hadn't cooked yet, so I cooked them up and made some chips in the airfryer. Tasty and easy lunch!

Should probably eat some vegetables tonight... Not had any since Christmas lunch!
Wismgari is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List