Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Aug 21, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Disney+ is a different part of the business. It comes under the "Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution" division. Whereas the parks come under the "Disney Parks, Experiences and Products" division. Each division will have it's own targets to meet and it's own profits to make. They are, in a way, different companies that happen to be part of the same overall group.

So, Disney+ might be a goldmine but this doesn't help the Disney parks recoup their losses.
Well, that isn't exactly correct. Disney is one conglomerate with one CEO that trades under one stock with one headquarters. It's all under the Disney umbrella and Disney media successes certainly do help the parks divisions in the overall financial scheme. They can and do share financial assets if needed. I know this because I'm a stockholder.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Ability to book FPs at 40ish tier 2 attractions, in the next available slot, each day that you hold the pass. That's it.

Oh, and some photo filters. Therefore they're still providing a service even if no rides are available.
Bloody hell

So if I want do do a tier one I have to pay more?

I hope people vote with thier feet
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
There’s not really anything to wriggle out of. Fastpass won’t exist next year so there’s no way of providing it. Unfortunately they can’t honour something which no longer exists.
In fact, Fastpass+ doesn't exist this year and you'll notice Disney didn't have to wriggle out of that either. They simply said there's no Fastpass because of something to do with Covid so tough. Everyone has to use the standby line and has to wait the full length of time required. Take it or leave it. There's not even an option to choose to pay to skip that line, not for the past several months anyway.

Fastpass+ is now gone. It's no more. Anything that says it provides Fastpass+ will no longer apply because that feature is no longer provided. Just like how Disney no longer provides EMH or the Magical Express from next year even though, at the time of booking, it may have said this was provided.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
So 7am. Choose your first genie+ choice or boarding group for ROTR or Remy. What do you choose? If genie+ choice then by the time your done the boarding groups will all be gone

Edited at 12:01 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Bloody hell

Yes you do, assuming you want a FP rather than using standby. Prices and what will be in tier 1 are yet to be confirmed. All we know so far is they'll be using date based pricing, so will be more expensive to buy a ride in peak than low seasons.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Bloody hell

Not saying it’s right but if onsite use those 30 minutes extra in the morning to get to a top ride and join stand by. Appreciate not everyone can do that.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Yes you do, assuming you want a FP rather than using standby. Prices and what will be in tier 1 are yet to be confirmed. All we know so far is they'll be using date based pricing, so will be more expensive to buy a ride in peak than low seasons.

So why stay onsite is my next question

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Not saying it’s right but if onsite use those 30 minutes extra in the morning to get to a top ride and join stand by. Appreciate not everyone can do that.
Trouble is so will everyone else now and I'm on holiday not Army manoeuvres 😂
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

True, good point. I thought it might be like Genie+ but if you're paying (again) for the privilege then that would make perfect sense.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
So 7am. Choose your first genie+ choice or boarding group for ROTR or Remy. What do you choose? If genie+ choice then by the time your dine the boarding groups will all be gone
If there are multiple people in a group and they had the app, couldn't one get a rise bg or paid option and another person choose the first genie + ride?
aprilshack is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

EMH in the morning is for all on site right not just deluxe and evening ones are just deluxe? Be interesting to see what they do with that, if they have a check to see if you should still be in the park or not. I'm usually an early person - gonna have to have a nana nap and go for the evening sessions so I'm not paying extra everyday.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List