Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 27 Aug 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Thank you all so much a lot to work with here! The difficult thing is with covid you need to book everything even the free museums as you can’t just turn up at present so trying to work it all out is mind boggling and not really knowing how long it will take to get from a-b!
We were in London last weekend we booked all the museums they were lenient if you are early or late

dungeons, sea life and shrek adventure are all next to eachother staying in kensington will be fine for them as you can take circle or district line to westminster then its a 5 min walk across the bridge
Pascaltimon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

Brilliant thank you for all your information it’s really kind of you to take the time!

We’re booked in the hard rock hotel now next to the Marble Arch 😊

Yes I’ve read about transport and Jacob being free. I’m undecided to get either an oyster or the 7 day travel card!

I’m definitely considering the hop on and off cruise or bus to see a lot.
We just used a bank card to tap in and out with our children just use the larger gates at stations which gives more time for you both to get through.

In 4 days we only spent £22 for each adult on the tube so much cheaper than travelcards
Pascaltimon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I have been to quite a few things needing booking slots - they have all been very lenient about letting us i early (and I expect same for late) as scant regard was given to the time just we had booked that morning or afternoon. All ran smoothly
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

If he’s doing WW2 the Cabinet War Rooms are great , Churchill’s underground base just across from Trafalgar Square are fascinating so many people lived and worked underground
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

So I’ve just booked a little trip for me and my 10 year old boy for the October half term to visit London 😁. Last time we went he was 3 years old and we stayed outside London and travelled in 1 day to do very limited sightseeing but mainly to go to harrods to see Father Christmas and had afternoon tea in the Georgian cafe there. We did the HP studio tour too.

Fast forward to him being 10. We’re leaving my husband and older son (17) at home as they have work and well I’m fed up of not having a holiday so wanted something to look forward to.

We’re going 24-28th October in the half term. So far I have booked shrek adventure, London eye, Madame Tussaud’s (merlin pass holders), natural history museum and The Lion King theatre show.

We also want to visit the markets, he loves street food so planning on Camden, borough and portobello markets to have a look around and sample food. He loves history too hence the NHM.

I’m looking at booking the Hilton in Kensington and obviously using public transport. We’re from Cheshire and London novices.

Any advice on must do with 10 year olds, places to eat, visit, etc would be gratefully received.

Thank you 😊
London Dungeon is very good and has a couple of rides in also. Kids love it- better than Shrek by some margin.

Don’t pay to go up Shard, book Skygarden for free instead, actually better views (City on one side- Gherkin next door, Tower of London and Canary Wharf on another, Thames, Shard on another, and back towards St Paul’s on another), better bar for a coffee/ drink etc.

Edited at 10:29 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thank you all for taking the time to reply and information 😊
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List