Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 5 Oct 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Question What is on your kids/your xmas list?

just being nosey really

ds would like a gaming chair and there are a couple of games coming out I know the boys will probably ask for but other than that my lot haven't asked for anything specific.
They don't tend to ask for much which I can't fault them for but it means I usually struggle for ideas esp now they are getting older and have a lot of the usual big ticket items.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We never know what to buy each other or our kids that are still living at home (16, 17, 20 & 22yr old boys) so we are taking them to Disney! 😂
The older kids (25, 26 & 28) all have money as that’s what will benefit them most. The 2 grandkids will have a Xmas list as long as your arm so that will be easy!
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

My son 10 hasnt asked for anything its like drawing teeth! He probably want few PS5 games which wont look much as only be a piece of paper as he has digital one! Promised myself this year not buying just so looks like he has lots to open.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

My dd7 has asked for 2 sylvanian families sets, barbie campervan (my gran is buying her this) and lego chamber of secrets. We are buying her a new ipad too but she doesnt know about that.
Dd 2 (will be 2 9 days after xmas) got a pikkler climbing frame last month as an early xmas present. She is also getting a wee wooden peppa pig house, mega blocks, play doh and a scooter. Need to save some ideas for her bday too!
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post

DH and I have both ordered 'Steam Decks' where we can play all our PC games on handheld consoles, they get released in December (all being well) so their our gifts to each other/ourselves.
I normally make Amazon lists for us for extended family to use, and vice-versa.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by iLaura View Post
DH and I have both ordered 'Steam Decks' where we can play all our PC games on handheld consoles, they get released in December (all being well) so their our gifts to each other/ourselves.
I normally make Amazon lists for us for extended family to use, and vice-versa.
Just looked at Steam Decks as hadnt heard of it. Guessing ive missed the boat for pre order!
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

We don’t do pressies in the family (it’s so good that way) we usually book a weekend away in a big house and have a big family party ! Much better use of money IMO.

And I suggested the same with our friends and they were like yes ! So we have a big night out in January rather than gifts.

Kids (15/12) have £100 each, Lego/ make up/ bits etc.

So glad I don’t have the pressure / hassle of buying gifts !

My Xmas shopping is kids £100 each and me and the Hubbie spend £50 ish on each other !
Job done ☑️

Edited at 03:42 PM.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I save all year for Christmas (I only buy for my children and my mum) so I do spoil them. I have always loved Christmas as I am religious and having children as made it even more special.
My boys are very difficult to buy for especially my 8 year old because he doesn’t/can’t do any sport, hates reading, hates toys, no hobbies, not into anything but he is starting to like anime because his big brother is into it.
So I certainly needs ideas for him!
My 18 year old daughter is so easy to buy for:
New phone this year, perfume, makeup, ankle bracelet, Cinderella Pandora ring, pj’s, fluffy socks, twenty one pilots merchandise and Taylor swift merchandise and converse.
15 year old son wants a VR, heavier weights, pull up bar and boxing bag for the gym, pj’s, aftershave, T shirts, anime merchandise (t shirts, cup, keyring) trainers.
8 year old 🤷🤯🤷
So far I have got him an infinity cube, my hero keyring, my hero trump cards, a minion bopit and a minion figure that makes rude 💨 noises.
I think we will get him a double bed, its not exactly exciting for an 8 year old though 😬😬
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I save all year for Christmas (I only buy for my children and my mum) so I do spoil them. I have always loved Christmas as I am religious and having children as made it even more special.
My boys are very difficult to buy for especially my 8 year old because he doesn’t/can’t do any sport, hates reading, hates toys, no hobbies, not into anything but he is starting to like anime because his big brother is into it.
So I certainly needs ideas for him!
My 18 year old daughter is so easy to buy for:
New phone this year, perfume, makeup, ankle bracelet, Cinderella Pandora ring, pj’s, fluffy socks, twenty one pilots merchandise and Taylor swift merchandise and converse.
15 year old son wants a VR, heavier weights, pull up bar and boxing bag for the gym, pj’s, aftershave, T shirts, anime merchandise (t shirts, cup, keyring) trainers.
8 year old 🤷🤯🤷
So far I have got him an infinity cube, my hero keyring, my hero trump cards, a minion bopit and a minion figure that makes rude 💨 noises.
I think we will get him a double bed, its not exactly exciting for an 8 year old though 😬😬
These are my lists not theirs 😂 I am worse than the kids.
Only my 15 has said he would love a VR. Other than that no one asks for anything 😂
Mason just says surprises 🤷
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
TinksandFlynn
Excited about Disney

Dd would like the Lego colosseum! It’s very pricey and I personally don’t particularly like it. So many other (cheaper) nicer sets out there.
TinksandFlynn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List