Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 5 Oct 21, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
shoei
slightly serious Dibber

Gift ideas for 6 year old girl

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to find inspiration for gifts for my niece. Her mum is opposed to lots of 'stuff' that they don't need but 6 year olds don't really appreciate clothes and toiletries.

I tend to get her crafting things but I'm after some inspiration for other gifts. Doesn't have to be huge, I have bought her Operation but her bother has a couple of meccano sets and I need to up her santa sack!

Bonus points for eco friendly!

She is moving away from the disney princess stage and into star wars. Loves all things animal. Not bothered about lego and her brother has tons of that which he shares.

Thanks Shoei
shoei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

How about one of those butterfly kits - they are sort of nets with caterpillars included, and you keep them as they transform into butterflies and have the pleasure of releasing them once ready.
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
SiandAm
Imagineer

Smiggle stationary…my nieces range from 4-8 and all love this stuff

PORS 1995 Grand Floridian 1997 CBR 1998 ASMovies2002/2004Cumbrian lakes 2005,6,8,10,11,12,13,14 & 15 NYC/disney '12 AKL 2007 OKW 2009 2012Ellie hunts tour CBR 19
cumbrian lakes2016,17,18,19,22 2019 ASMovies 2022
SiandAm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

I know you said she's past the girlie stage but I got this for my friends little girl and I just love it and it ticks all the other boxes for you

costco/Toys-Baby-C...ears/p/1536378

It is cheaper in store too
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

How about some books? Kinetic sand is a favourite here, as is fidget toys, colouring books/blank pads and crayola twistables. Lego is a big thing here we have a "sharing" box and others are personal ones.
Oh and playdoh... they always ask for the playdough challenge disco on YouTube to be put in when they are here
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Squishmallows.. all kids under 11 seem to love these atm, including my dd
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

I was going to suggest Sylvanian Families playsets . But as she likes Star Wars maybe not
Old 5 Oct 21, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Squishmallows.. all kids under 11 seem to love these atm, including my dd
My daughter sleeps with hers every night and she is 18 😂😂
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Bath bombs , hair stuff ie anti tangle spray ,baubles ,hair bands , barrents ( don’t know what the in name is I’m my day it was slides clasps our 15 year old granddaughter still loves her hair box it’s actually a craft box but has compartments for all her brushes scrunches etc a hair box might be the answer to mum wanting practical stuff but you can fill it with fun stuff too
Oh I made her a hair band storage wall board basic cork message board covered in her case she’s horse daft my little pony fabric then screw in cup holder type hooks but wider she still uses it against fun but mum approved
You can even attach the plastic wall storage baskets from ikea to it for brushes products etc we added these later on a separate board for Tasha
She also loved a journal where she could write her pony club , Brownie meetings etc again money mum approved
Tasha still loves her physical planner ( stickers and washi tape great stocking fillers even now )

Edited at 12:38 AM.
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
sunsetlakes
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
popcorn machine :-)
sunsetlakes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List