Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Oct 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Or it could mean they have to do the same pre departure tests as their parents.

She says ‘they are connected to their parents’
Hope so. It doesn’t seem to make much sense to stipulate testing 3-5 days after arrival as if positive they would have been out and about spreading virus for that time anyway.

And it’s been said on here several times that tracking people down and following up once arrived would be problematic. Can’t see the US authorities having the capacity for that so would they push the responsibility onto the airline? If so why would they want to take on extra admin work? And if you turn up at the airport at the end of your holiday and the kids hadn’t taken the 3-5 day test, what happens then? Do they not let you go home?

The idea of 3-5 day testing just doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisnKa
Earning More Ears

I don't think the 3-5 day testing is going to be policed.

No links to buy these tests from either the UK before travelling or from any US companies.

The order doesn't go live on the CDC website until the 8th November, no mention of the attestation form changing if you look at the page, just the order

cdc.gov/quarantine/fr-pr...tive-test.html

The 3 page or 2 page English fillable attestation form expiry date is set to 2023 which was updated on the 25th October.
ChrisnKa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
I think on The Dibb the problem is that people are seeing things are different parts of the day and some are bringing information that has already been discussed and explained in previous pages or start new threads and it ends up one giant magic roundabout and gets out of control.

We need one single thread for this situation, rather than multiples and maybe the opening post of it could have the latest information with sources.
That would be lovely. Last night switching between the three threads I thought my head was going to explode. Definitely feels like we go round in circles sometimes, but grateful for those who post the updates from the CDC and Twitter. It’s comforting to know lots of us are going through all this stress and uncertainty together, especially when on Monday evening it seemed like all of that was over and we could just crack on with planning and getting excited. Keeping fingers crossed it’s all resolved soon.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Restomaniac
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
It's on the CDC guidance, what you have linked to isn't the CDC page with the guidance
I know it’s also another guide which makes no mention of it. If it was a hard and fast rule you would think it would be in the appropriate section.
Restomaniac is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Unvaccinated children can travel as an exception. Currently the CDC website says this, which taken on face value, means children (this was updated yesterday I believe):

Here: cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ir-travel.html

Passengers must also do an attestation. There are various versions of this knocking around on the CDC’s own website.

This is one, and makes no mention of self- quarantine:

cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/a...ion-2021-p.pdf

However this page, clearly states that you ‘may’ be required to self-quarantine if you are non vaccinated and travelling under the exception (i.e. children) - cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...tml#noncitizen

There’s at least 2 more attestations as I will come onto, one is an old one coming in from Jan 21. I am not sure if the one above is the latest or not. See below.

The one causing real concern, which has previously been posted on here, is the version that says you have to tick a box saying you’ll get a post arrival test and self- quarantine, which would on that form apply to children, and potentially be consistent with the website links posted above.

This can be found here:

cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/v...10-25-21-p.pdf

This is the ‘problematic’ attestation link on this page:

cdc.gov/quarantine/fr-pr...tive-test.html

If you scroll down that page you can find the previous attestation, which came in January 2021. So this page certainly seems to indicate the attestation has been deliberately changed from the 2 page old form, to this 7 page form. Quite where the very first attestation I posted first in this post comes from, or when it was implemented, or whether it is the latest I have no idea.

You have to work your way down the form, but this has the specific child exception and says you must complete part 3 below- which confirms that you have made arrangements for 7 days self-quarantine, and 3-5 day post arrival test.

Added into this a German journalist asked the question of a CDC director on a Q&A chat yesterday and she indicated a post arrival test may be required but not quarantine. Having looked at that chat, I am not entirely convinced she really knew the answer and/ or the test she was referring to meant the post arrival test, or pre departure test.

Edited at 09:57 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Restomaniac View Post
I know it’s also another guide which makes no mention of it. If it was a hard and fast rule you would think it would be in the appropriate section.
It's a rule that CDC only changed yesterday. I wouldn't expect any other source to have necessarily updated yet. But the page you've linked to only seems to be related to the flight (aka entry) requirements, rather than post-arrival.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Basically, it's a shambles! 🙄
Old 27 Oct 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

The thing is, the CDC recommends that ALL travellers get tested at day 3-5

Things that don't make sense with section 3 of the 7 page verison of the attestation - as a non US citizen you can't arrange to be tested at the likes of CVS as you need a US medical insurance card and a US address (You can arrange to buy and have delivered a pack of 2 antigen tests to your accommodation).

Again, the 7 page attestation is littered with errors and missing vital CDC verification info to make it an official document, so should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Virgin & BA are not using that 7 page document for their attestations that have to be submitted, so a lot of people will be flying to the US based on a version that doesn't mention testing or isolation on the form.

What the CDC needs to clear up is, if there's to be a post arrival test - if so, what is acceptable and how it's managed because if there's nothing saying you need to report the result to anyone then this will be ignored as it's not being policed.
Old 27 Oct 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Johnjones
Gone all Goofy

I feel for those going soon, I’m late November see will be able to see how things pan out. But I’d prefer it it everyone could enjoy the build up to their trip.
Johnjones is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Just that they had to test.
Just released she says at bottom of the page pre and post arrival. Whether it will just be a recommendation or mandatory we will have to find out .

mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List